Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hello again everyone! I feel awful that I haven't been on here near as much lately. I am SOO far behind on commenting on everyone's blogs, so I may just comment on the latest one and TRY to keep up. We got our computer back a couple days ago. Plus, the busy season is over at work, so I won't be working near as much. Ryan has been working lately, thank goodness. However, his job is temporary, and will only last one month. At the end of January or beginning of February, we will be getting taxes back and plan to take a trip to the Northwest (yes Oregon), and stopping in Colorado, and Montana. We are praying for a change, we MAY be moving, but where to is still unknown. Until we KNOW where we are SUPPOSED to be, we are going to stay put. But I am REALLY in NEED of a change, of getting away from here. Life has been getting better, in most ways. I am thankful that Ryan is working, and for other reasons. But we're not completely out of this trial. But I am confident that we are getting back on track.
We had a GREAT Christmas. I had thought that only half of Ryan's siblings were going to be here (the ones that live here), but the other 2 were able to make it and it turned out to be a great Christmas. I actually made 2 projects before Christmas, for my mother and for my in-laws. I made a picture calendar for 2009. I scrapbooked 24 pages altogether (12 for each family) and took them to Office Depot and they took the pages and made the calendar. They all REALLY loved it, it turned out nice. I couldn't think of anything better to give for Christmas. I somehow forgot to take a picture of Ollie and Sharon opening theirs, but my sister e-mailed me a picture of my mom with hers:

Then came New Years. It was actually not as great. We REALLY wanted to be invited somewhere, anywhere, but no one invited us to come over and spend the evening. That little fact actually brought me to tears. We don't feel like we are even thought of here. But, we watched the countdown on TV, and then went outside right after 12:00 am and lit off some fireworks. There were several people on our street doing the same thing, that was the highlight of the night.

Then yesterday morning, my niece from Colorado called me and said that she had flown in Oklahoma City for a wedding this weekend, and hoped that we could come see her, (because she was without a car). So we got in the van and headed to OKC. Normally we wouldn't be able to afford going to OKC, but the gas prices are AWESOME right now ($1.35)!!!! We didn't do much, just ate lunch and went to see a movie. We watched "Bedtime Stories". It was a pretty good movie. But it was nice to see some family. I always take advantage of that :) I have a nephew that is actually moving to Oklahoma in January. Btu unfortunately he will be on the other side of Oklahoma. He will be about 3 hours from here, but maybe we'll get to see him once in a while.

The first half of 2008 was a great year. My two highlights of 2008 were: Ryan and I got to got to Dallas for our 9th anniversary, and I got to go to Colorado for 1 1/2 months with the kids . Then when I got back from Colorado, things really unraveled. I hope that 2009 will be full of highlights that can be remembered forever. There are several big things in 2009 that I do have to look forward to: Mine and Ryan's 10th anniversary, my best friend's (from high school) wedding in Colorado, my 10th high school reunion (also in Colorado), and HOPEFULLY a fun trip , and POSSIBLY a big move for us :) I hope everyone else has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

15 comments:

Chantel H said...

Christmas was so nice! On New Years we went to church, then everyone stayed and played games and had snacks until midnight. It was fun. Sorry yours didn't go so well. Last year we were asleep by 10:30. fun fun. I have a new post up with pictures of our house. Hope to see you soon.

meNmykids said...

You really wrapped it up. Sounds like a good Christmas. Sometimes people aren't sure how to be a friend and aren't actually as uncaring as they seem? Sorry you had that heartache, I know how it feels. We were invited to John and Lauries after church, but just came home and had a family night. Not too exciting. I hope your new year holds many new and beautiful surprises!

Charlotte said...

Dear Jules,

Glad to hear from you. I will pray that the Lord will guid and derect you in your move. Glad you had a good Christmas. Hope that 2009 brings you great tidding of joy.
Love you sis

Sabriena said...

I hope you move out here! But I will understand if God leads you somewhere else, or even shows you not to move. I'm sorry your New Year evening wasn't as great as you had looked forward to. Uncle John & Aunt Laurie invited all the brethren to their house after Church Wednesday. Kali & I got to go, because Amber was. She wouldn't have gone all that way from Oly. To Mc-y, but she had planned to spend the next day with Tammy anyway, since Rocky was supposed to be gone skiing. That didn't end up working out, but I was glad to go to Uncle John & Aunt Laurie's. I hope your next new years is more exciting.

I hope 2009 is better for you guys, and us too, even though 2008 was pretty good for us, it had it's "lowlights", too, so to speak.

Jules said...

Neena: Hey :) I really don't know for sure if we will move. We both feel like we are supposed to, but just don't know exactly where yet. We both have had really strong feelings about Absarokee/Billings, Montana. That's where I am hoping we move to. I've had a couple dreams that we moved there and it was a great feeling. So we want to go there and see what it is like, neither one of us has been there. But there is a couple more options also. Only time will tell :)

Tiffany said...

Come to Oregon come to Oregon!!! Haha, we would love to have you here if your able to come this way. I'm sure all of the brethren here would fight over who gets to have you. well, not really fight, but you know what i mean =D. That is neat you feel drawn to Montana. There are 2 sisters that live there that are all by themselves. They are babes in the faith and they would just eat up having you there to fellowship with. What a blessing that would be! I'll pray that God will lead you in this. I moved to oregon when i was 21, i fasted and prayed about it for 4 years before i moved. I just felt like i was home whenever i came here, even tho i didn't have any family here. But God showed me that this was my home for the rest of my life and he has surly blessed me for following his lead in this. I hope he does the same for you and your family!

<3 Tiffany

Charlene said...

Hey Sis what part of Montana will you visit I would love to meet you I must tell you that there is no work here allot of people are hurting here we are ok my job is safe and my hubby is retired so we are good please let me know where in Montana k it would be great to meet brethren. Love, Sis Charlene

Sis. Lori P. said...

It will be so good to see you and Tiffy's right, our brethren will fall over themselves making you at home here! I tell the girls all the time that there is something special about that Jules! Our sincere prayers will be that God will guide you and your beloved family to where He will have you flourish. Happy New Year!

Charlene said...

I can tell you that Sis Lori P is so right they will fall of over each other to make you feel at home in Oregon. I reread my comment sorry it sounded sorda neg I know if God wanted you here he would provide for you so come on and visit you are so welcome here let me know if I can help ok Love Sister Charlene

JoAnn said...

Hey girl. It sure is nice to hear the smile in your voice again. Lets hope for a very wonderful 2009 okay?

Sis. Leah said...

Hope you have a wonderful 2009. I pray that you two find what you need. And that if it is for you to move that God would lead you to that place. My prayers are with you sis.

Also if your are ever up this way, all of us Indiana brothren would love to meet you.

Jules said...

Well, we are THINKING about Absarokee or Billings. But, like I said, it is JUST a thought right now :) I can't wait to meet more of you :)

Kim said...

How fun Jules! A new adventure! Let us know when you are going to Oregon and maybe it would work out for me to come over there so we could meet! Everyone knows how much I hate going to OR! LOL

I know that if you seek God, he will direct you where to go and will provide for you. It is such a comfort to know that no matter how bad the economy is we have the promises of God. He will take care of us and provide. Keep us posted!

Marisela said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. I hope we get to see you when you come to Oregon

Tish said...

Well, I'm sorry you're New Years was such a bummer. Was there no one that you could invite to your house? As I was reading your blog I wondered if there was somebody else sitting at home just as lonely as you.

I'm looking forward to seeing you when you come out to Oregon! It's been waaayy too many years since I've seen you.

Of course I would love it if God led you to move to our part! I do want you to do what God wants you to do. I know that if you are seeking him you will find the answer. I'll be praying for you guys.

I'm glad that Ryan is working now. I'm sure that eases up your burdens a little.