Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I gained a new family member, then lost one.

Hell0, my emotions have been all over the place in the last week. I have been working super hard on moving (mainly packing). We have more than half of our belongings at the new residence, but still have quite a bit at the old home.

I was blessed with getting to see the birth of my new niece, Madison Dawn. I'm sure that Melissa will post on her blog about Madison, but I also know that you all have been waiting to hear that Melissa had the baby. It was truly an amazing experience to witness a birth. I rejoiced so much!!! Anyway, she was born on March 16th at 4:31 pm. She weighed 6 pounds 3 oz. and is 21 1/2 inches long. She is a perfect, beautiful baby!!!

Then yesterday, I packed some more and at almost 10:00 pm, I got a phone call from my niece, Stephanie. She said that her dad, Steve, had collapsed and was having a heart attack and asked for my prayers. I immediately started praying, and within 2 minutes, I got the dreaded phone call that he didn't make it. So I'm actually headed back to Colorado for his funeral. Steve was 52 years old, and had been married to my sister, Sue for almost 23 years. In my previous blog about the wedding on the way, that is Steve's only son that is getting married, so it is going to be hard to know that Steve won't get to see that. Also, in older blogs, I have had 2 nieces get married, and they are both his daughters, and there may be a picture of Steve in those blogs. Steve was a VERY outgoing person, a lot of times that I introduced myself, I said "I'm Steve P...'s sister-in-law." My heart is aching right now, I just can't believe he is gone. So please remember my sister, Sue, and her family, Stephanie, Shane and Savanna, this is a very hard time for all of them, and we all are hurting so much!

9 comments:

Sis. Lori P. said...

Oh Julie! I am so sorry! Didn't you drive us by their house when we were there last summer? I will be keeping your family in my prayers and hope that the Lord will comfort you all. What a blessing for a sweet birth, but then a death puts life into perspective. May we all live soberly and righteously that our deaths will only be the beginning of life.

michelle said...

So glad to hear everything went good for Melissa ,can't wait to see pictures. So sorry for the lose of Steve ,we heard last night and it was a sad time. hope your trip goes okay and you are able to comfort and be comforted.Hope this does not interfere with your packing and moving .

Jules said...

Thank you Lori and Michelle. I truly appreciate those comforting words. Lori: Yes, we drove by their house and orchard. I wish now that you could have met Steve, he was a great guy!

Sis. Frankie said...

I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. It doesn't seem right when someone so young passes away. But, as we all know, death is not a respecter of person or age. I will certainly keep your sister and you family in my prayers. I am thankful that God did grant you all a beautiful bright star with a new niece.

meNmykids said...

So sorry about your brother in law. It is hard for the family I am sure. I'm so thankful that all went well with Mellissa and the new little one. What a blessing there.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Our prayers will continue to be with you, and all that have suffered loss.

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. I will be praying for all the family. I am also thankful that Sis.Malissa has be delivered and has a sweet baby girl to love!

Sis Stubby said...

Sorry for your loss.I will be praying for your family.
Glad to hear Sis. Melissa had her Baby!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful to hear about Gods Mercy to Sister Melissa and thankful that you were able to be there. What a precious time God gave you to share with her. We'll sure keep Sue and all your family in our prayers.