Saturday, March 28, 2009

Moving stinks!!!

Ugh! We are still not fully moved! We have been trying to move for close to a month now. Half of our items are in the old house and half in the new house. We have had 2 setbacks during this move, first Steve passed away and we took a few days to go to his funeral, and now the weather is preventing us from moving. On Thursday, I was working on getting the last few things packed, I am ALMOST done packing up there, and then the weather got bad. So I headed down to the new house and it is a good thing, because this morning I woke up to a LOT of snow. All of Oklahoma has a ton of snow. I'm going to be working all this next week on getting the last stuff packed and getting ready for a yard sale. I'm going to sell as much as I can up there, and then have one down at the new place. So again, I'm so sorry that I haven't been on here a lot, but my life is absolutely crazy right now.
I haven't been able to upload any pictures of my new sweetie, Madison, but I will as SOON as I can. I have my cords from my camera packed, and that's the reason I haven't been able to. But I do have a picture of Steve that I wanted to share, so everyone could see what he looked like. It is a picture that I will treasure forever. It is a picture of me and Steve in 1986, I was 5 and Steve was 30. He had a beautiful funeral. It couldn't have been a more perfect funeral. There were Elvis songs (Steve was a HUGE Elvis fan). The songs were beautiful, the talks about Steve were perfect, then at the burial, they had a bagpiper, because Steve liked bagpipes. The song choices were: "Daddy's Hands", "I can only Imagine","Milky White Way(Elvis)","Amazing Grace (bagpipes)", "The Way that he Loves (Steve's favorite gospel song)." Like I said, it was a beautiful service, Steve would have been so happy. I think there were between 600-700 people. There were people in the basement, standing room only, there were even people outside. He was loved by SO many people. He was very outgoing, and anyone who had ever met him, has never forgotten him, he was quite a guy!
I sure do hope everyone is doing good, I am ready for life to get back to normal for me so I can keep up with every one's blogs. :)

6 comments:

Jules said...

If anybody would like to view Steve's online obituary, it is at: taylorfuneralservice.com

Sis. Leah said...

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get totally moved yet. Lord willing you can get it all done here soon. Love and prayers!!

meNmykids said...

I sure hope that you can get your home set up and relax. Then get those pictures on the blog! I'm sure that you will treasure that picture forever, it is lovely, it makes such a difference to have a perfect funeral.

JoAnn said...

OK Julie. I take back everything I said about Taylor looking like Chantel. She looks just like you when you were five.

Sabriena said...

I hope you can get moved and post pictures soon. I had read this post previously, over Mom's shoulder, so although I did not comment, I've been trying to keep you in my prayers. It's amazing that there were so many people at the funeral. There were a lot at Josiah's funeral too, but I wouldn't know if it were 600-700! That's a lot!

Sabriena said...

Probably by the time you read this, you will have heard the news of my baptism? Next time I see you, it will be as your sister! I'm so happy!