Friday, April 24, 2009

Speaking of our horrible society...

Does anyone else get disgusted when watching this commercial FOR CHILDREN!?!? I make my children fast forward or just not watch this. I honestly can't believe that Burger King and Spongebob did this:

11 comments:

Jules said...

I tried to find another version of this commercial where it shows a close up of girl's shaking their "squares", but I couldn't find that version. Is it just me, or is it offensive?

Sabriena said...

Since you were saying it was offensive, I decided not to watch it! But I'm sure it is offensive. There is so much stuff out there that is disgusting. It's terrible. The world is a much different place than it used to be. Oh, to remove the inventions of television and of internet. Sigh.

Tiffany said...

I saw that commercial yesterday for the first time. I was pretty shocked that it was a kid commercial for burger king =S.

meNmykids said...

Not what kids need to think on. It used to be all about the food, now all about the squares? Yuck.

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I were watching TV just last night and saw this commercial. We were so shocked at first we just looked at each other speechless. We couldn't believe this was aimed at kids. After trying to unsuccessfully to find an e-mail address to voice our displeasure (and the phone is just an automated thing). We did find a petition to pull the commercial at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/brgrking/petition.html

Sis. Frankie said...

I'm totally disgusted with it. But you know, I'm not surprised. This old world is getting more and more perverted. Sometimes I wonder how Sodom and Gomorrah could have been any worse. Sisters, we must fight for the innocence of our children. If Christ's return isn't soon, their spiritual life may depend on it.

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Funny that you mentioned that...Timothy and I had some of our family over yesterday and we were so shocked, we changed the channel because the little nephews were over watching tv along with us. It makes me so upset that stuff like that gets thrown in our faces

Trina said...

I whole heartedly agree that this sort of stuff is becoming more and more common and it is horrible for our culture. I love that Sister D found a place to sign a petition, let's ALL do this. We CAN make a difference here and there, but we have to be diligent to be a part of the solution. I had heard about this commercial, a lot of parents are upset about it, thankfully there are still those that don't find this acceptable.

Beth said...

yuck!!!!!!!

Jackie said...

We are also disgusted by this commercial. My husband actually sent out an e-mail about to all of our friends and family asking them to not eat Burger King until they stopped airing it he also was asking for signatures for a petition. We will be going on that website and signing the petition as well.

Fifi said...

Hi there Jules ..... Great to meet you! I came on over from Trina's blog. I am also shocked at what is being dished out to the young generation! I wrote a post recently about a computer mag that my son loves reading .... but the cover keeps on getting more and more risque each month! It infuriates me!