Monday, April 27, 2009

My countdown has begun!

Life is finally starting to get better for us. We are officially moved into our new place, however I still have a lot of unpacking to do. We have been without our van for about one month. Ryan's uncle has agreed to help us put a new transmission in it, so Ryan is staying with his aunt and uncle and going to work on it with him, so I'm hopeful that we will have our van back very soon. I'm very happy about that, plus I'm so glad that this move is basically over. Those were 2 things that have been driving me crazy for a while!
This coming Friday is Ryan and I's 10th anniversary! I can't believe it is already here. I'm hoping we can go out to eat, if nothing else.
I am getting very excited because in 3 weeks, my sister, Sue, and her daughter(or daughters) are coming to spend a little time with me, and a few others before her son's wedding on May 30th. Then after the wedding, Sue, my mom, and my other sister Peggy (and her kids) are going to be coming to spend time with me. So I will basically have my family on and off for about 3 weeks! I am so happy about that. I get to missing my family so bad! Everyone is wanting to go down to Arkansas (where my Dad's family is from), and I'm also looking forward to that. It is going to be so nice having company!
Then after everyone leaves, there is a BIG possibility that my whole family will be going to Colorado for a month or so. My mom and sister (Sue) both have cherry orchards and it looks like they will both have a harvest. So they will REALLY NEED our help (even Taylor and Blake's). Ryan hasn't been able to find work, so this would be good for us, we can all work, and earn money, while helping my mom and sister out.
So that is basically what is going on in my life right now. It sounds like my life isn't going to slow down much for a while, but I'll be busy in a totally different way, not moving :P
It's nice to put faces with names, so I thought I would do that... Left to right: Sue, Me, my Mom, and Peggy

Left to right: Shane (the groom to be), Sue, Steve (Sue's husband who recently passed away), Savanna, Trevor (Vanna's husband), Jeremy (Steph's husband) & Stephanie

Peggy, Danny, and Kayla

6 comments:

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Glad to hear that your finally all moved. Good luck on the unpacking. I'm glad that you will be staying busy and spending so much time with your family.

Sis. Lori P. said...

I miss you Julie! The Dad and I were in KFC last night and there was the nicest order taker and she reminded me of you! She had a beautiful smile just like yours and it made me sad that you don't live closer so we can see you... I am SO glad you get to be with your family so much in the next few weeks. And thank the Lord for a cherry harvest this year! I want some cherries too!

meNmykids said...

Love the photos. I hope you have a fantastic time with your family and enjoy the cherries. Have a great 10th anniversary!

Anonymous said...

It's sweet to have a family that you love so much. The pictures are beautiful, thanks for putting faces to those you talk of. I'm so thankful things are looking up for you. We're sure keeping your family in our prayers. Cherry Pie!! Yummers in my Tummers:)

Sis. Leah said...

I am so excited that you are going to get the chance to be around your family so much here soon. I pray that everything will work out for you guys.

Sabriena said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you're up to posting again. I hope you have a great time with all your busy-ness going on for the next little while!