Monday, April 13, 2009

We're almost there!

This last month has been nothing less than complete chaos in my life. This move has been by far the WORST move ever for us. We've had issue upon issue, trial upon trial during it. It started off okay, but we've had a few delays. First of all, Steve's passing (which I can't believe was almost one month ago), and we've had a lot of weather issues that slowed down our move AND the transmission went out in our van. So we have been without it for about 3 weeks now, and I'm realizing just how much I need it! The only other vehicle we have is a very small pickup that really can only hold 3 people (and our family has 4) so we HAVE to drive around with Blake laying on our laps. We don't really go anywhere as a family, except church. But it has been a pain anyway. Oh well, I'm just thankful that we do at least have the truck. I'm just hoping we can get our van fixed, I know it is going to be a VERY EXPENSIVE thing to fix though. But back to the move, we are SO close to being done, I think one more day at the old house and we will be DONE!!! And of course the unpacking at this new place, but still, we are almost done!!! WHOO HOO! I don't want to even THINK of moving for a long time! Lord willing.
And today is one of those days that I just think of my Dad all day, because it has been 4 years ago that we lost him. Last year I made a slideshow of him and I cried all day. Today, I've been okay, as far as the emotions go, but I still miss him so much.

I just can't believe how this last year has flown by, it seems like I JUST made the slideshow of my dad, and it seems like Ryan and I JUST went to Dallas for our 9th anniversary. And it is that time of the year again. Our 10th anniversary is just around the corner (in like 2-3 weeks). Ryan wants to go back to Dallas, but our money situation isn't great, so I don't know what will actually happen. And speaking of time flying, I can't BELIEVE that we have been married 10 years!!! Wow.

And last but not least, I wanted to post a picture of my sweet little niece, gosh I just adore her!!! She is the most precious baby!!!

Me and my little ♥ Madison ♥

7 comments:

Sis. Leah said...

Aww whata cute picture. Madison is a very cute baby. I am so glad that you are almost done with your moving. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy your new house soon.

meNmykids said...

It is terrible that your move has been rotten. Maybe you can just stay there forever. The baby is lovely, and you are the perfect doting auntie. Time is flying by for me too.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

I pray that things start going better for you. Isn't it great being an auntie?

Trina said...

Moving is yucky! It is so much work. I hope that it allows you to get back on your feet financially though, that would be a wonderful gift. What a beautiful little neice you have there, Auntie!

Shannon said...

I hope that soon you can take a deep breath, sit back in a comfy chair, & look back on everything you've got going on right now & be glad it's done. Congrats on the sweet new niece you have.

Sabriena said...

Madison is so darling! How cute! I'm sorry you've been going through trials. We've been hearing ministry about how your faith is tried, and Bro. Denny reads the Scripture where it says that by the fire they are saved and by the fire they are destroyed, or something like that. Then he explains that the only thing that does not get destroyed by fire is gold, but rather it is purified. So hopefully when you get to the end of this trial, your faith will be a higher-karat gold, so to speak! I'll keep praying, though.

Anonymous said...

God puts a path in front of us and sometimes we can see what lies ahead,and sometimes our Faith is tried when we can't. I know his Grace will be not only sufficient but will get you and your dear family through this time with rejoicing for what he's brought you through.
By your side in prayer