Sunday, July 20, 2008

So much to catch you up on...

I mentioned that Taylor had her birthday last week, well my family decided to do a 3-person birthday with my niece, Savanna. And also my niece, Stephanie's brother-in-law, Nathan (from Oklahoma), who was visiting here at the moment. So we had a very nice party for the 3 of them. Taylor turned 8, Savanna turned 18, and Nathan turned 19. We had an Italian dinner, cake and homemade ice cream for the party. Then afterwards, we had our own firework show. It turned out to be a great evening. The next day, two of my nieces, Stephanie and Savanna, my kids, me, and two other girls went up to Ouray for the day. It was kind of Savanna's bachelorette party. Except it was just a day trip that turned out to be very nice. We went to the Ouray Hot Springs and soaked/played for 3 hours or so. Then we hiked up to Cascade Falls. It was SO COLD right next to the waterfall. And very windy, so it was hard to get a good picture of it. Then after our fun day in Ouray, we came home and crashed.
The following day, I went to church in Delta and got to meet Lori, Lorraine, and Craig. It was so awesome getting to meet them and spend the afternoon with them. I brought them to my mom's house and we all got to visit for quite a while. We REALLY enjoyed our visit with them, they are such a nice family!!! Both my mom and I thought so ;) I'm so glad I have gotten to know them on here!!!
In the middle of the next week, my niece, Savanna wanted to go to Durango, where her fiance is working, and surprise him. She called and asked me and the kids if we wanted to go with her. I was very excited to tell her YES! So we drove down to Durango and walked around town, it is also very much a tourist town. We went to the historic Durango/Silverton train station and took a few pictures in front of the train. Ryan and I rode it on our honeymoon and it was really neat if anyone ever gets a chance to ride it. When my kids are older, I plan to take them on it. Later that evening, Trevor came in from work and got a big surprise. He was so happy to see his sweetheart. He said it MADE his whole week. I was so glad we got to do that for him.


The following day, we drove over to Mesa Verde, by Cortez, CO. I had been to Mesa Verde when I was 10 years old. For those of you who don't know, it is a place that Anasazi Indians built around 1,000 years ago. They built their homes in covered cliffs. They were preserved from the rain and snow all these years because they were covered, and they were discovered 100 years ago. It is a very amazing place to go. The kids LOVED it!


Blake climbing up the trail to exit Cliff Palace


And last but not least, we came back and had my niece, Savanna's personal shower. Her theme was a Luau. It turned out to be a really nice party. P.S. - All the drinks were non-alcoholic ;)

17 comments:

Sabriena said...

I love all of the pictures, and getting to hear how your trip has been going. I hadn't seen your post about Taylor turning 8. I was just about to type "Eight is such a big, important year!" and then I thought Yeah - ALL of the years are big important years! So that's just a bit of my thought process for you. I'm sure you enjoyed it. Right? Right??? LOL. The fifteenth is one of my sisters birthdays!

I'm glad that you have been enjoying your trip. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Sis. Frankie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your travels. I really enjoy seeing the pictures. I'm thankful you had safe and enjoyable trips. I would love to visit the indian village. Well, the falls too. I would just love to travel and see it all!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures! The ones of Mesa Verde reminded me of our trip there to see the brethren in Aeriola :) We were so in awe of the cliff dwellings. But my favorite picture has to be you with our dear brethren :) What a dream come true to get to meet you! Sounds like God's blessing you with such a wonderful time.

Chantel H said...

Sounds like you are really enjoying your trip. I'm so glad. I love Mesa Verde. We took Andy there when he was 6. It was so cool.

michelle said...

I think I want to go on your trip .All the sight seeing is amazing.

Tish said...

It sounds like you are having a great time! I bet your kids are enjoying it too. They are at a good age for enjoying things like that.

Sis. Lori P. said...

Aww...I wish we could have stayed and went to all those interesting places with you and your kids! Someday...

Jules said...

Chantel: Did you see the picture of my kids with their sunglasses on in front of those flowers??? If anyone doesn't think Taylor looks like you, then I will PAY for them to get their eyes checked ;) LOL. She is such a mini version of you, I keep on looking at it and see you all the way around!!!

Sis. Leah said...

I am so glad to hear you guys are having such a fun time. I really enjoy all the pictures. I would love to be able to see the Indian village and the falls. I wish we were able to travel more, I love it.

melissa said...

looks like your having a blast!!we miss you so much though cant wait for you to get back:(

Jackie said...

It looks like you are having a great time. I love the pictures keep them coming!!!

meNmykids said...

Sounds like you've had a great time.

Cherrie said...

Tell Taylor happy birthday, we have been so busy lately. MY blog is having troubles letting me on your blog. I will be sending Taylor a card a little late.

Amber Lois said...

I wish I could be there for Savanna's thing but I can only go so much. By the way I was talking to my mom and she says that Tayor looks like her Aunt chantel. But I just wanted to say hi.

Tiffany said...

I love the pictures!!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip and i'm a little jealous that The Dad, Mom, and Raine, got to meet you in person! Maybe someday i'll have the same pleasure =)

Marisela said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun. Colorado has so many fun places to go and see, and so many brethren and family to visit. I like the Durango/Silverton train ride, and Mesa Verde too.

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Wow, this is a late comment, but I'm sooo glad we got to meet you and your kids! Maybe soon you can come up and see us! ;) Someday.