Today would have been my Dad's 70th birthday. I find it hard to believe. Here I am, in my 20's and if my dad would have made it, he would have been 70. He and my mom were definitely old enough to be my grandparents. But, they got married at 23 and 26. Then had a couple daughters, and life was great for them, and SURPRISE, over a decade later here comes another one on the way ;) Dad was 43, Mom was 40, Sue was 14 and Peggy was almost 11. HEHE, but I'm glad that I did have a chance to be alive. It is still hard to not be able to call him and tell him Happy Birthday in person, but that's just life I guess.
I also wanted to let everyone know that we have lost another WONDERFUL person. Brother Bob C. (elder from Montrose) passed away this morning. I believe he had bone (?) cancer. I did have the honor of going to see him about 3 weeks ago. He was a GREAT example to me. He will be missed GREATLY. Him and my dad were great friends, I thought it was a little ironic that he passed on my dad's birthday. But please remember to pray for his family. :(
I also wanted to apologize for not being the blogger that I normally am. My mom's computer is SO SLOW and I have TRIED to leave comments on some of my friends' blogs and the computer takes so long, and half (or more) of the times I try, it gives me an error notice. Neena: I've tried like 10 times to leave you a comment, and it just won't let me. Anyway, I hope everyone can forgive me, I will be home in about 2 1/2 weeks or maybe 3 weeks and I'll be back to my normal blogging self :D
P.S. - I'M HOMESICK and REALLY MISS MY HUSBAND!!!





















































9 comments:
Don't worry Julie, you'll see your husband soon! I'm sad for the sister who lost her husband, but it sounded like he wasn't suffering anymore by the time we were there. I'm thankful he was able to pass on and that's sweet that him and your dad were such friends. I've MISSED your blog posts! Take care now...Love you!
I am sorry to hear of the brother that passed. I will be keeping his family and loved ones in my prayers. It is good to hear from you though. I hope you have a safe trip on your way back home.
i bet you are home sick by 2 weeks im ready to see chris again 6 weeks is a long time:(but you will get to see him soon. we miss you here also cant wait to see you again!!
I always get homesick really fast - and I'm not married and a mother, yet. I'm sorry you haven't been able to leave any comments, especially on my blog! I love comments! Oh, well. It won't be too much longer. half the time is over, right?!!
As I've been typing this comment, Heidi has brought me handfuls and handfuls of dandelions because "she wants me to be so happy!" What a little dolly!
Glad your time is good. Always sad when one leaves, but only for us. Seems like many times things happen on coordinating dates. Interesting.
I was thankful to hear that God had mercy and called another one of his soldiers home. Our heart aches when we lose someone but it's also filled with rejoicing for the welcome they'll have when they reach their home in heaven.
I think the next big vacation for your family, needs to be Oregon :) It's only fair!
Sister D: I TOTALLY agree ;) Ryan mentioned last night that he would like to go out there this fall, to see our new little nephew (or niece ;) So it may just happen!!!
I have been a little out of the blogging loop myself but as I have been checking people's blogs I have wondered where is Julie!? Glad to know you're just enjoying a vacation in CO with your family! Hope the remainder of your time is a delight.
I've been being really patient, I feel like! I hope you get home soon.
Post a Comment