Friday, September 5, 2008

God works in great ways!

I feel so happy this weekend. We have had a little bit of a hard time with money since we've been back from Colorado. We are playing "catch-up" from the trip. So we haven't been able to spend much on groceries. Just the very BASIC items. I have had to be very creative the last 3 weeks, to make dinner. Our refrigerator was almost completely EMPTY. I was waiting until payday and would go grocery shopping today and get just enough to get us through this next week. Well yesterday morning, I got a call from a sister who owns a restaurant here in town, and her family is moving to Colorado and she asked if I would come help her pack up the restaurant. I didn't have much going on, and I wanted to be helpful to her, so I said yes. I worked ALL day yesterday and at the end of the day, she gave me SOOO much food. She didn't want to take perishable items. I was SO happy, my refrigerator, freezer and cabinets are full again. I can't even explain how much food she gave us, but we will be good on food for a little while!!! It was so nice of them, and I'm SO grateful!!!

7 comments:

Sis. Leah said...

That is so awesome. God sure knows what we need. I will keep you and the family in my prayers. I hope you guys are able to get caught up on things.

Kim said...

Thats so sweet! I'm glad the Lord worked something out for you. His hand is never too short!

Sis Stubby said...

That is so wonderful.Praise God!

Tish said...

What a wonderful blessing! God really does take care of us.

JoAnn said...

I'm glad that worked out for you Julie. It is so nice when God answers, even unspooken prayers.

Tiffany said...

Wow that is sooo sweet! Thank you for sharing that with all of us. It increases my faith when i hear my testimonies like this. <3

Sabriena said...

That's wonderful. We had some time of being creative for the last little while before we went on our camping trip. Of course, I was the one cooking a lot, because Mom was helping Dad with lawn jobs, and I stayed at home. So it probably wasn't as bad as it felt to me, considering that I haven't had that much experience cooking.