


When I returned home from Colorado, I noticed that a part of my driveway was wet and had mildew growing on it. I asked Ryan about it and he said that it had been that way for quite a while. I didn't think much of it. One month has went by and our driveway has never dried up. There is a fire hydrant about 5 feet from our driveway, and we figured that there was a water leak somewhere by that hydrant. Finally yesterday Ryan told me to call the city and inform them that there is a definite leak by that fire hydrant. So that was my plan was to call the city today and have them come out and look at it. Well, this morning, I got up, and was getting the kids ready for school, and started hearing some loud machinery. I just figured it was somewhere in our neighborhood and didn't think a lot about it. Then, when I went outside to drive the kids to school, I saw several men in our driveway. I had NO idea they were going to be working at our house, it was a total shock. They were sawing our driveway when I left to take the kids to school. Then about an hour later, I glanced outside and noticed that they were digging a great big hole in our driveway. I was very glad to see that the problem was getting fixed. I thought it was kind of funny that the DAY that I was going to call them about this problem, they were already there fixing it. LOL. I honestly don't know how long this process will take, but I will be glad when it is fixed. Ryan will be so shocked when he comes home and his parking spot is not there anymore ;) So that is what is going on here at my house, along with my own daily chores. How is everyone's day going out there?
3 comments:
Hello again :) It is almost 2:00 and the guys have left, leaving the big hole surrounded by tape. I got a note on my door saying that they will have to turn the water off on September 10th for about 10 hours. So this project will take at LEAST 2 days. I'll keep you all updated.
Last year we had our streets repaved and new a drainage system put in by the city the streets are really nice now but I was so glad when they were done. It was very noisy and our cars stayed dusty all the time. And they had to shut our water off too but not for 10 hours!! That is a long time.
Wow! That's pretty interesting. And it is funny that they were fixing it on the day that you finally decided you were going to call them. I imagine that when Bro. Ryan first got home, before you told him about it, he probably thought that you had called and they had been right on top of it! Hehe.
Post a Comment