Monday, September 8, 2008

One wrong thing to another...

Today hasn't been the best day... First of all, I woke up to our driveway being tore up, which really didn't bother me that much, except for it will probably take them several days to repair it. Then, Ryan called me this afternoon and told me that he had a blow out on one of the tires on our truck. So I had to go get him and get the tire off. We also noticed that the spare tire has a screw in it. We then took the broken tire to a tire place, to see if they had any used tires, because we honestly don't have enough money for a new tire. Of course they didn't have a used tire, and their new tires were about $70.00 each. So we came back to the house and I thought I would just have the spare tire repaired and just buy another spare tire when we could. So I went to have the spare tire repaired, and of course they couldn't do it... Because the screw was on the side of the tire, well kind of the bottom/side. SO there went that idea. So I am going to have to call around tomorrow and try to find somewhere with a used tire. I hate leaving our truck by the side of the road, mainly because I don't want it vandalized. I know I need to just relax about it though. I'm actually very thankful that Ryan wasn't killed when he had the blowout. He said the truck was swerving pretty good on the road. I'm so glad that God allowed him to keep control of the truck and be able to pull off the side of the road. By the way... this happened on a highway that has a speed limit of 75 MPH, and I'm sure Ryan was going at least that fast. Please keep us in your prayers.

6 comments:

Sis. Leah said...

I am so glad to hear that he is ok. That can be very scary. I will say a prayer for you, and hopefully you'll find a tire tomorrow.

michelle said...

Jules ,sorry for the tire problems and thanks for your post on mine.I'm just not sure where this pregancy is headed .Keep pray all we know to do.Prayers for yours too.

~sis jana~ said...

oh my goodness! Thank God he's OK!! Sounds like you are going through some trials for sure. I will pray for you. Don't forget to pray for yourself too. Let us know what happens. Have a better day. Sending love your way <3

Jules said...

Next day UPDATE: Thank you for your comments and prayers. Today is a totally different day. I feel 100 % better. I was able to find a used tire right here in town. I went to the truck with a friend, and put the new (used) tire on the truck and brought it home. The truck was fine, it had not been vandalized (like I worried about). But we will have to get all four new tires before very long. I'm just thankful that I still have a husband, it could have turned into a MUCH worse situation!

Skylene said...

I've just been catching up on your blog. You've had a lot going on. Camping in CO looks like so fun, I am jealous! Glad you found a used tire.

Sabriena said...

That's pretty scary. It is so wonderful that God kept him safe and sound, and the truck wasn't vandalized, and you were able to find a tire after all. God really is wonderful. What a mighty God we serve.