Friday, January 18, 2008

I want to finish what I started

When Blake was a baby, I started quilting with the sisters in Delta. I went out and bought some material for a quilt for Taylor and a quilt for Blake. I made a big part of Taylor's quilt, haven't quite started on Blake's yet :( And then we moved, and moved again, and again, and so on.... Well the other night, a couple from Cushing came over to our house to visit us and Kayla asked me if I quilted, I told her how I had started but not finished and she also had started a quilt. So we showed each other the blocks that we had done and it really got me wanting to finish Taylor's quilt, (and start and finish Blake's Broncos quilt.) So here is what I have done of Taylor's, as you can see, it is probably 3/4 way to being ready to actually put together. So I'm getting antsy to finish it. It is going to be so pretty when it is done :)

4 comments:

Trina said...

That is beautiful! You have done a great job! Finishing it will give you the most wonderful sense of accomplishment. I know its hard to get remotivated, but boy that will be worth it. Show us the finished quilt when you are done.

Cherrie said...

I am the worst when it come to quilts. I started Elisha one when he was Samuels age and it is not done. You finish that baby and I can't wait to it finished.

Marisela said...

That looks wonderful. I love the Irish Chain. I too have many unfinshed projects I need to pull out and get done.

Jules said...

Thanks everyone! Marisela, that's awesome that you knew what pattern it was :) I couldn't do that. I knew it was an Irish chain, (it's actually "Double Irish Chain") but ONLY because I'm making it ;) LOL.