Something happened to me last week that I feel has changed my way of life. I have been wanting to get a budget going for us, plus I've been wanting to just get more organized. I wanted to make a schedule fro my daily routines so I could maybe get more done, kind of like setting daily goals that I can meet. Well, I went and visited Michelle S. last week and we got to talking about those things that I wanted to change in my life. She actually already did all those things that I mentioned and started telling me how to accomplish everything. Ryan and I also have been reading the Dave Ramsey book (Financial Peace) and we are both wanting to achieve financial peace. We're so tired of being in debt. We are striving to do away with all debt. But Michelle talked with me on budgeting and on daily schedules. That day my brain must have made a switch from "wanting to" to "doing" because ever since then I've been on a daily schedule, and have accomplished EVERYTHING on my lists. The budgeting thing is a little hard to do right now, because Ryan had been laid off 2-3 weeks this month, but we should be getting taxes within a month and with that we are going to get caught up on everything and hopefully pay off a few (maybe all) our debts. So after that, I completely plan to budget our money, I know how to go about doing it now. I'm so thankful for the help I have gotten from Michelle and Chantel (who is also an encouragement to me on accomplishing these things).
Another thing that I'm really excited about is saving some money out of every paycheck and taking a road trip this July/August. There are four things I would like to do on this road trip: Go to Colorado (of course!). My mom just told me that the last part of July, there is going to be 2 family reunions. So I'd really like to go to that. Then we could leave from Colorado and go to Yellowstone Park (I've always wanted to go there and I know the kids would love it!) Then from there, we could go to the Idaho campouts. We have ALWAYS wanted to go to the campouts, but never had the money. I miss campouts, I used to go every year to the Colorado campouts, but they quit having them, so I really have been wanting to go to the new campouts. And last but definitely not least, I would like to go to Oregon and Washington. By that time, Lee and Cherrie will (more than likely) be living there, and Chantel and Dale. There are a lot of people (lots on blogspot) that I want to go see :) Plus I'd like to see where Ryan grew up and go to the ocean. I'm getting so excited just thinking about it! I don't know that this trip is a for sure thing, but it very well could be, if we save for it! Our kids are getting big enough that they will really enjoy things like this. I'm just praying that if it is God's will, he'll work this out for us!
I'm just really happy about the changes I already feel. Just had to share my life with everyone :)





















































7 comments:
Sounds like a great plan!!! I would love to do that too. It is a lot of work. Mary and I were just talking today about having a budget and i know we definately don't have one, it is a good goal though.
I sure hope you can achieve all that you have planned. I know you can do it if you set your mind to it.
Wow...it sounds like you have big plans and they honestly sound great! I hope that you are able to stick with it all, that will feel amazing!
Make sure if you are headed out this way that we get to see you guys. That will be so awesome!
Wow! Your blog really motivated me. I hope that you stick with the plan and things get worked out for you. That would be so awesome if you guys came out here on a trip! I haven't seen you in years!
I would LOVE to see everyone out on the west coast! But now I'm rethinking the timing of the trip. I think I would rather wait until the last part of September, to see my new neice/nephew!!!
Go, go, go! And we would love to see you out this way for a trip.
Travis and I ended 2007 with less than 1/2 our credit card debt from the year before. In a couple weeks that will be cut in 1/2 (tax refund) and the rest should be easy to pay off. Now just to get the van paid off, LOL
Travis and I are setting aside some of our tax money to go to Oklahoma for the week of the 4th. Our 1st planned stop is Jackson Hole (my little brother is there)& Yellowstone. It's going to be so crazy trying to cram everything in that we want to do. We really enjoy all the campouts here on the West Coast. Haven't made it to Idaho yet. God bless & take care.
Post a Comment