Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Shane and Courtney's wedding

Hello, hello :) A lot has happened in the last 3 days, but I'll just have to do one blog at a time, I first of all wanted to show everyone pictures from my nephew (and new niece's) wedding. Then I will post another blog tomorrow on the other things :)

Shane and Courtney had a perfect, BEAUTIFUL wedding. Everything went very well, and they are such a happy couple. It was sad not having Steve in the ceremony but there were a couple things done that gave tribute to Steve. First of all, they had an 8x10 picture of Steve at the alter, which I thought was so sweet. But the sweetest things were, Shane walked out of the dressing room into the ceremony with the minister, and then left the minister at the alter, and walked down to the end of the aisle, and walked his mother down the aisle (Steve's wife) and by the way, that brought out major tears to EVERYONE'S eyes. It was so sweet. THEN, when Shane and Sue got to the front of the aisle, Sue went up and lit her side of the unity candle, and ALL of the groomsmen put toothpicks in their mouths because Steve ALWAYS (except for when he was sleeping) had a toothpick in his mouth. That was his trademark. Anyway, they all did it at the same time while Sue was lighting her candle, and then they took it out to continue the ceremony. I couldn't have thought of a better way to pay Steve tribute. I just can't describe how thoughtful and sweet those gestures were, especially for Sue, and Steve's mother and sisters.

Then Courtney came down the aisle, and was she ever beautiful! The ceremony was perfect. The reception was also nice. The decorations were gorgeous. Courtney's family did an excellent job on everything! They put a lot of work into it, and they had so many neat ideas! I know that they are going to have a happy marriage, they are crazy about each other! It was just a perfect day, and everything went great!

My sister, Sue with her children and their spouses

My family

Shane and Blake, they were so handsome!

Courtney and Taylor, both were so beautiful!

5 comments:

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

It looks lovely. Taylor is so cute.

Tiffany said...

Oh i'm so glad the wedding went so perfect. I'm sure she was missing her dad that day. I love that she did black and white too. Very elegant!

JoAnn said...

I sure wish we could have been there. I'm glad they all had a good day.

Cherrie said...

The wedding sounds like it was beautiful.

meNmykids said...

How lovely! Glad it all went without a hitch.