I think that we were chosen out of many people to have to go through car trials. I know everyone else has car problems from time to time, but we seem to have them regularly. Our last car, which was a Pontiac Grand Am, gave us CONSTANT problems. I'm pretty sure it was a lemon. We probably sunk around $7,000.00 dollars in repair in that piece of junk. And you know we always had a loan on it and the payoff was way more than the book value of that thing, so we were STUCK with it. We would fix one thing and immediately another thing would go wrong with it. And a lot of the things were very pricey! Transmission, clutch, you name it, we fixed it. Well, we finally got rid of it and bought Ollie and Sharon's van (Dodge Grand Caravan), which had a warranty left on it. SO we didn't have to deal with anything for a while, probably a year. Then the warranty expired and things started to slowly go wrong. We had to put new brakes on the van last April (2006). And then in September,2006, Ryan was backing up and hit a corner post which made a huge dent in the front drivers side, knocking out the turning signal and making a loud noise every time you open the drivers door. I know that's not the van's fault, but it is still something that needs fixed. Then in June (2007), I was driving out to Colorado for Stephanie's wedding and the stupid air conditioner went out on me. It will cost around $700.00 to get fixed. So we had NO A/C this summer, it was MISERABLE. The passenger sliding door is starting to be hard to open. And just recently our van's brakes started to squeak and even when we weren't using the brakes, the wheels squeaked. SO I had it checked out today, and there's a bunch of things needing fixed that will cost $478.00. I'm very frustrated! Why does car repairs have to cost so much??? If we fix everything that needs fixed on our van, it would probably cost us $2,500.00. Just say a little prayer for us, this is just a trial, I know, but I'm incredibly stressed over this STUPID van.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















































8 comments:
Car troubles do stink. I really sympathize, but try to remember that you could just NOT HAVE one? Hopefully things improve quickly.
Travis had to learn to replace brakes. Thankfully he had a great Brother in law and Uncles that helped him a time or two. It still cost, but only a fraction of the cost of having someone else do it. It seemed like we always had problems with our cars, it didn't matter were we got them, what make or model they were. The last van we had had a lot of miles on it but never gave us any problems. Do you think that we thought to thank the Lord for it? NO! Now we have a new van and instead of thanking God for it we complain about how its not what we wanted. Thanks for reminding me of were we've been and how we need to have a thankful heart. God Bless and good luck! :)
I have been there a time or two myself. And have been without a car all together. It sure makes me thankful when my car does run well, and the A/C works.
Hope you can get it fixed without to much money spent.
So sorry to hear about the van. I have loved having my car, but it now has 185,000 miles. We've had it just over 6 years. When we bought it we were determined it was a 10 year purchase. Toyota has a good name so I am hoping we will get at least 2 more years. That will have been 3 years with no payment, and a car that, so far, has run wonderful!
Good luck!
I am so sorry that you are having car issues. We have been there and done that. I thank God for what we have know.
Having car troubles are very stressful!! Rusty and I have been blessed not to really deal with that much in our married life, but when I was a kid my Dad was ALWAYS working on one of our cars, and not for fun..hehe
Hope you guys get it resolved soon!!
Plus I too am looking forward to meeting you this Spring or Summer..:-)
I am so sorrry Julie. We go through phases in life of that. I have a good, honest, mechanic, here in Sapulpa. He has told me several times, it was nothing, when he could have told me different for money. We have put alot of money in Colin's Ford truck too.
Yuck...what a bummer. I don't like car trouble either. Well I hope that it doesn't turn out as bad as originally thought.
Post a Comment