
I am a little sad today. I just came across this picture and just started reminiscing of when I still had my dad in my life. He died April 13, 2005. But the whole year before that I lived in Henryetta and my mom and dad came 900 miles to see me a lot. I saw them 7 times in one year (for a week or two at a time) with them coming to Henryetta or me going to Olathe. I cherish those days. Well, Dad's last Christmas, they came to Henryetta. They stayed like 2 weeks. It was so wonderful. I wish I could have known it was his last Christmas, I wouldn't have left his side! He was such an affectionate person. There was NEVER a time that I had to wonder if he loved me. He was always showing love. And not just showing love, but he said it ALL the time. I miss his hands, he was a cabinet maker, so you would think with all the splinters and everything they have to deal with that he would have rough hands. NO. His hands were as soft as a child's hand. I miss feeling his hands. While they were in Henryetta for his last Christmas, we all piled in their car and drove to Muskogee (about an hour drive) just to see the famous Muskogee Christmas lights they have in a beautiful park. My parents never stopped doing wonderful things for us. Taylor was 4, almost 5 when he died, and Blake was 2, almost 3. Taylor remembers him quite well, but Blake just kind of remembers him, which tears me apart, because he is one person that deserves to be well remembered. I'll never forget that Christmas. I always had Christmas with either Ryan's parents, or my parents, never both. But that year, 2004, I got to share it with both. It was by far the best Christmas ever, for me. There's not ONE day that goes by that I don't think of him. Some days I have a hard time coping with it, like today, but I feel better now that I've gotten it out. But I will always love and miss my Dad.
4 comments:
Julie,
So sorry. The family picture is so great. So glad you had that one last wonderful christmas together as a family. What a special memory. I hope you make it through this next one with peaceful memories of your dad. So glad that your mom is coming out to see you and spend sometime there. Sounds like you really need it right now. Love you.
Beth
Sorry you are sad. You're dad was a wonderful man. I can't imagine the pain of loosing my dad, but I'm sure one day I will. Love Ya.
This blog made me sad. I know how hard it is to raise your kids and wish your dad could see them now. My dad never got to see any of my kids and I know he would have loved them. He would have been in hog heaven with all these kids. But he passed away when he only had one grandchild. But anyway I sympathize.
My dad never saw my kids, his birthday was Christmas day, I always think of him more at this time. I'm so glad that we have wonderful memories of strong men as our fathers, what a precious gift we have been given.
Post a Comment