Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The picture that had me worried for years!

When Blake was a baby (4-5 months old), I had our family pictures taken shortly before Christmas. I ordered a package deal. But there was this one picture that didn't come in the package that I KNEW I had to have. It was of Blake sitting in a present box with a Santa hat on his head. And he had the most ADORABLE smile. So I ordered 1 sheet of wallets (8). I knew that would give the grandparents one some Aunts/Uncles and I would get to keep at least one. I lived in Colorado at the time so I mailed Ollie and Sharon an 8 X 10 of the family picture and a wallet of this pose. Well, Sharon didn't realize that the wallet was in the package and accidentally threw it away. I gave out the other pictures and thought I kept 2 for myself and Blake. Well I asked Sharon if she liked that picture and she told me she never got it, which I told her she must have accidentally thrown it away. She was so upset about that. So I knew that I had 2 so I sent her one of mine, which left me with one. Well...shortly after that we moved back to Oklahoma, and moved again, and again, and again. And somewhere I lost my copy of that picture. I was devastated. I loved it so much! I started asking my mom, sisters, Sharon and sister-in-laws to keep an eye out in their pictures for it, because I wanted to make some copies. Everyone looked but never found that picture. I don't what happened to all the rest of the pics, but no one seemed to remember it and couldn't find it. It was just a little wallet. So I'm getting more and more upset the more time goes by and thought I'd never see it again :( Well, one day, I was at Ollie and Sharon's and decided to try to find it, because Sharon couldn't remember what it looked like and I could. So I looked all through her pics and didn't find it. Then I thought to look through her China Hutch drawers... and I FOUND it!!!!! I immediately scanned it and e-mailed it to myself and saved it on my computer and kept that wallet. Since it is a Christmas picture I didn't post it before, but I just want everyone to know how important this picture really is to me. Sorry I have rambled on, but I just had to tell everyone what I went through to find this picture. I think you guys will understand why right about now ;)

5 comments:

Marisela said...

That is a super cute picture! It is easy to loose things when you move a lot. We have lost so many things through all our moves too. I'm glad you found it.

meNmykids said...

Too cute! So glad that you found it. When our son died we were amazed at how many pictures that people sent us of him. Sometimes even now someone will find one and get it to me. They mean a lot since we didn't have a camera at that time.

michelle said...

That is a very cute picture and I think I would have been so happy to find it too.

Jules said...

Marisela and Michelle: Thank you :) I think it is cute also ;)

Gale: I think that is awesome how everyone sent you pictures. I would be devastated if I didn't have a picture to remember my baby by, so I'm so glad you have those pictures. I know you always want the real thing though, so sorry for your loss.

Chantel H said...

What a cutie, and I did end up finding my pic! That pic brings back such memories for me, because thats around the time we moved out to Oklahoma and Blake was MY boy. He was a darlin'.