Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fever

Baby fever keeps on getting worse for me! I had Taylor almost 8 years ago and Blake almost 6. After Blake was born, my marriage with Ryan got VERY bad. I decided a long time ago that I didn't want any more kids because I wasn't sure that we would stay together. He was always gone, and spending his time with VERY "wrong for him" people. Also, Ryan and I have always struggled with money and I just didn't think that we could afford more children. So, it may have been wrong for me to feel SO against having another baby, but the truth is, I did. I was very much against the idea of another baby. Well, in September, our marriage COMPLETELY turned around. But finances were still horrible. At the beginning of this year, we both started really getting into Dave Ramsey (a debt free plan). And we are completely for it, and trying to achieve a debt free life. So what I'm trying to say is the two reasons that kept me from wanting a baby are not reasons that I can use anymore.
Honestly, I am always happy (every month) when I'm NOT pregnant, so I really don't feel like I'm ready yet.
I have a LOT of CLOSE friends having babies right now. It also seems like a lot of people that had babies when I did, are now having a second set of children. A lot of people waited a few years between kids, and I see that happening to us. I have been around a lot of babies recently and like I said, the fever keeps getting worse and worse ;) Ryan and the kids are all dying for me to have another baby. I still would like to wait a while longer. I really want to lose some weight before I put more baby weight on, but I think sometime in 2009 or 2010, we will more than likely have another baby. A part of me dreads it, but another part of me is really excited to have another one. But who knows what will happen. I am praying about it. God knows what is best for us, and he knows my heart. So I am trusting him to make it happen IF and WHEN it should happen.

6 comments:

Cherrie said...

You can't use the weight excuse, just let God work it out in his time. I am sure you will be having another one close to the same time as mine. I am just waiting to hear the news. I am so happy that things with your marriage are so much better. I can so see a total change and I thank God for that. We love you and Ryan and only want the best for you guys.

Jules said...

Yeah, I think I'll have one, but I don't think it will be very close to yours. I think it will be close to 1-2 years younger. I REALLY want to lose weight before. But if God does allow me to, I'll be okay with it.

meNmykids said...

I can say from experience that God can make it happen even if it doesn't seem possible. Babies are a wonderful blessing and can really lift the spirits in a home. I'm so glad that you and Ryan are still doing good. A good example of Gods almighty power. Praise God.

Sabriena said...

Yep, and God works in mysterious ways. Never know what God has planned (unless He gives you a revelation, of course).

Skylene said...

Well Julie right now I am totally enthusiastic about babies. My baby is a continual delight and joy to me. I praise God for him all of the time. I didn't think I was quite ready to have another one when he came along but now I'm just soooooo glad I have him. And I also praise God for the wonderful birth and pregnancy I had.Yup you want one!!!!(Lord willing of course)

Tish said...

I too, am really not ready for another baby right now. At this point I'm not sure if I even want anymore, but when I see a tiny little bundle of joy I wonder if maybe someday I will be ready again. Of course my youngest is really still a baby; so I can afford to at least wait a few years.