Friday, February 29, 2008

It's a small world!

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day here. It was in the upper 60's so I decided to take my kids to the park 2 blocks away from our home. Taylor rode her Heely's and Blake rode his bike around the park on the sidewalk, and I sped walked to keep up with them. After we all had walked/rode around for a while, I let the kids play on the playground. While Taylor was playing, she found a little girl that was in her class last year. They played together so well, and she just seemed like a sweet little person. After a while, the little girl's mom came over and just started visiting with me. One thing you all may not know about me is I'm so shy and won't really start conversations, but if a person initiates conversation, then I'm very friendly and outgoing. Unfortunately, it is usually other people that break the ice. (In fact, I met my best friend, Beth, because she was brave enough to come and visit with me, which I'm SOOOO thankful for ;) Anyway, back to my story, hehe. So I visited with this person for a while. She had another little girl who was a toddler and she was just keeping an eye on her while we visited. I don't really have many friends outside of church, so I really didn't see us getting to be GOOD friends, but if I ever saw her at the park again, I planned on saying hello to her. Well...today I went to a very sweet sister's funeral today. Her name was May Myers. Nice lady! She was one of the sisters that I scrapbooked with. Anyway I went to her funeral and when May's family walked in to sit, there was the lady from the park. I couldn't believe it. She is linked to our church! I don't know if she saw me, but if I do see her in the park, I plan on telling her how I knew May. I got to thinking about things after that. I could have just kept the conversation to a minimum and I could have maybe acted unfriendly. But you NEVER know who is linked to our wonderful family of brethern! We definitely have to be a light to the world. I just thought it was neat :)

5 comments:

Michelle Swank said...

I did not get to make it to Sis. Mays funeral but did take dinner. It sounded like there was a church full. She was very sweet. I think that it was neat to see the same woman there at the funeral as at the park. It is a small world and we do need to be a light to those we are around not matter who it may be.

Love & Prayers
MS

Cherrie said...

That is a neat story. You never know who you will effect. I hope you get to meet her again.

meNmykids said...

God works in mysterious ways....

Chantel H said...

That is a great story! I wonder who she is...

Marisela said...

That's really neat! I hope you get to meet her again sometime.
Glad to hear things are going so much better for you guys...a baby is such a blessing and a joy.It's amazing how the Lord work with us, and changes our view on things we didn't think would change.