Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm a HORRIBLE mother!

I feel SO terrible tonight. Blake's hair was getting so long and I was going to go and have his hair cut this weekend. Well, Ryan wanted to do a lot of stuff this weekend and time ran out. I had been watching the many people who cut his hair before and thought it looked pretty easy. So I decided to give it a try. Yeah, it did not look good at all! So Ryan tried to fix my unevenness and kind of cut too much and I was forced to have to shave Blake's hair :( I hate shaved heads so much and did NOT want to do this to him at all! Well he had tons of hair all over his back and all over so I took him to the bathroom and started bath water. In the meantime, he saw himself in the mirror and literally started bawling. I told him that he would have hair again and very soon. He quit crying, but is still VERY UNHAPPY about it. I told him I would NEVER try to cut his hair again, I would from now on go to the people to pay them to cut his hair. I'm SO SORRY Blake!

4 comments:

Marisela said...

Your not a horrible mom, there are a lot worse things in life than a bad haircut. I'm not great at giving haircuts either, and that is kind of how Hayden's first haircut went. I'm sure it is something you wont soon forget, but will probably look back on in a few years and laugh about :)

Trina said...

Ohhhhh...Im sorry that you both had a miserable experience. Lots of people have done that and that doesn't make you a bad mom at all!! I say make sure you take a pic of it and put the story in his baby book to laugh and share it with him and others later in life.

Jules said...

Trina and Marisela: Thank you for your encouragement. I don't feel quite as bad as I did ;) I know that it will grow back VERY fast, so that makes me feel better about it. You live, you learn I guess, hehe.

Skylene said...

I cut my brother Cameron's hair once.It was shortly before my wedding. Some of the older sisters at Olympia told me that his hair would look fine for the wedding; as long as I didn't touch it again!!