One week ago today, I left with Ollie and Sharon to Colorado. We traveled all day and got to Pueblo, CO. on Tuesday night. We stayed the night and left the next morning at about 9:00 am. and the average time to get to Montrose was about 4 1/2 hours. Not for us that day. The roads were HORRIBLE. Almost 3/4 of the way between Pueblo and Montrose was bad roads. Monarch Pass was horrifying. We slid a little going downhill. And winds were blowing dry snow, so you couldn't see anything but white. The skies were white and lots of snow. The roads didn't get clear until we were 5 miles out of Montrose. It was a very scary day. Our nerves were all tense. But we did make it to Olathe about 3:30 pm. I sat and visited with my mom for about 1 hour and my sister, Peggy, from Ouray called and wanted us to come up and have dinner with her and stay the night. She was planning on going to Kansas the next day so this really would be the only time I saw her. I was reluctant to go back in the mountains, because of the roads. But I went, my mom decided not to go afterall.
I had a wonderful time at Peggy's house. She has a gorgeous house!

She fed us dinner and then the kids wanted to get in her jaccuzi. It was snowing outside and was probably 10 degrees or less, but it was fun.

Then we all went to bed and the next morning Peg left for work and Kayla left for school. Then the kids wanted to go sledding. In Ouray, they close off a road and make it a sledding hill. I wanted to make the kids happy, so I took them. We didn't have snow clothes, mittens, anything. So we only went down 2 runs and we were all freezing. So we left Ouray to head back to Montrose.

I went to see one of my closest friends, Beth. We had a great visit, I miss living around her and Joe SOOO much. They were definately our closest friends. Then after our great visit, I went to have lunch with my other sister, Sue. Her daughter, Savanna joined us. We had a nice visit for an hour and then Savanna and I went to JC Penneys, where she works. She gets a discount PLUS the store was having 75% off sales. So I got quite a few clothes for under $30.00. I LOVE finding deals like that. Then I went straight to my Aunt Merrell's house. I fear that she won't be here a lot longer. So I wanted to go see her, while I could. We had a "tea party", and the kids loved it. They got to use sugar cubes, which they thought was amazing. HEHE. Then I finally made it back to my mom's house. We visited for a couple hours and then I headed to my neice, Stephanie and her hubby Jeremy's house and visited there for a little while. Then I went to my sister, Sue's house and visited with her and her hubby Steve. They got a little chihuahua puppy that was SO cute, the kids LOVED playing with her! (Chihuahua's are my favorite dog). And finally I went back to mom's house and we all played Old Maid. Blake hated being the old maid, he threw a fit, it was hilarious!!! And after the game, I CRASHED. I was so stinking tired I couldn't see straight.
The next morning, we got up and got all my stuff loaded in the car and headed up to Grand Junction for Betha's funeral. It was sad to know that I'll never get to have another great visit with her again, but I know she is in a better place. I'm so thankful that she doesn't have to suffer anymore. I'll TRULY miss her.
At the funeral I did get to see Chantel, Dale and Andy. I got to see my nephew, Shane, and many other friends from when we lived in GJ. Then as SOON as the funeral dinner was over we left to head home. It was about 3:30 pm, which means that we were only in Colorado for 48 hours. I crammed a lot into those 2 days! We got to caravan with Sylvia and Skylene, which was nice! The roads were great heading home. We stopped in Pueblo again and left home the next day. It was an exhausting trip, but I'm so glad I got to go.
4 comments:
Wow...what a crazy trip. Glad you got to come and thanks for taking time to come see me. Glad you are all home safe and sound. Love you.
I enjoyed getting to see you too! Our trip out to Colorado had very stressful roads also. Aunt Sylvia and I were both glad to come back with all of you just in case. Skylene
Beth: You are one of the people who I miss the most (the others are my immediate family). I hope someday, somewhere we can live close together again. Only God knows what is best for both of our families though. Only time will tell :)
Skylene: HEY! I'm so glad to see you on here. I definately want to spend some time with your family. Your girls are so beautiful and Saylor (sp??) is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!! It is always so comforting to caravan with someone. You never know what could happen. Hope to see you guys soon!
Wow you sure did cram a lot in one quick trip.
Post a Comment