Today is my 27th birthday. Only 3 years left of my 20's :( HEHE. It's crazy, I can VIVIDLY remember my 7th birthday, which was 20 years ago today. My sister, Sue and her family lived down in the bottom of the Black Canyon in Colorado. By the way, there is only ONE house in the bottom of the canyon. Anyway, my birthday party was down there. It was one of my most favorite birthdays, because of where it was. Also, my parents put together a scavenger hunt for my last birthday present, a new bike. That was fun! There are SO many fun memories down in the canyon. My brother-in-law worked for the water users, so that is how they were able to live there. My nephew, Shane was actually born down there (probably the only person to be born there). From my home in Olathe, if you could go straight to the canyon, it would only be about 15 miles. But... You actually had to drive about 40 minutes to get to the bottom of it, and we went almost every day for 2 years. It was so beautiful down there. In the summer, we had a bonfire almost every night. I could go on and on about it, but I'm not going to ;) But, on my 7th birthday, we had the party down there, then we came home. Sue called us almost exactly when we got home and told us that Stephanie (2), my niece, had fallen into their well and was bleeding and hurt. So we went back down there. She ended up being just fine, but it was scary. It's hard to believe that was 20 years ago. Thanks for taking a stroll with me down memory lane :) Have a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















































18 comments:
Wow, I didn't know you were that young! ;+) Happy, Happy Birthday and thank you for the trip down memory lane. After hearing Dave and Dayna's story about their trip to Montrose I was actually thinking that today I would look it up on line and see if I could get a feel for where it was in Colorado and what the area looked like. You helped me with that nice link! Hope your day is wonderful...eat some chocolate!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. It was fun to read your memories of your seventh birthday. It is beautiful out there.
Happy Birthday I hope you have a great day!!!
Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a great day. Yeah it is hard to believe we will all be in our 30's soon. Joe and I were talking about this last night. His b-day is next month and I was telling him he was going to be 27 and was sure he was only 25 right now. Guess he forgot a whole year...hehe.
Happy Birthday!!hope its a good one hehe
Thank you all SO much :) I appreciate all the greetings :)
Beth: That is funny that he really forgot that he was 26. I sometimes have to stop and think how old I am, but I always end up remembering, LOL.
Happy Birthday dear Julie! Hope you have a good one!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Happy Birthday Dear JULIE
Happy Birthday To You
Happy birthday! Hope it's a good one
Happy Birthday! Hope you have a blessed day!
=D Happy Birthday!!! <3 Enjoy your day!
That's a neat story. Happy Birthday! That sounds like a very special birthday. I remember my ninth birthday best, of all of my preteen birthdays. I got a bow and arrows, and honestly thought that I could shoot an elk, if I had my bow and arrows with me.
P.S. Have you read or watched "Anne of Green Gables"? I'm sure you have, but I know that you mentioned the movies based on Janette Oke's books a while back, so... The movie we watched was a (Steve?) Sullivan production blah blah blah, and it was really good. Of course, we couldn't watch the second tape, because (stupid me), I didn't realize there were two tapes, so I only got the one. Well, I won't make this forever - just thought I'd recommend it for your family if you haven't watched it. It is so funny!
I watched one or some of the Anne of Green Gables movies a very long time ago. I don't remember much of it/them though. Do they take place in the 1800's?
Did I just post something like "ooo..."? Okay, so I just woke up and my fingers aren't typing well. I meant to say...
Ooo...Raine and I love Anne of Green Gables movies! Make sure you watch them all!
Actually, I don't remember what time period they're in. Okay, I just finished getting off of our library's web page, and it said that the book is set in the late 1800's. So yes, it is in the nineteenth century!
Happy late birthday. Oh to be 27 again, that would be wonderful.
The black canyon. Wow! Perfect setting for a birthday. Happy Birthday, hope it is also memorable.
Post a Comment