Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My first baseball game

Last night my family, along with a few church friends (probably about 15-20 altogether) went to a Tulsa Drillers game. I had not ever been to a game in a stadium. All I've ever been to was High School games and Ryan's softball & Taylor's T-Ball games. Oh, and my brother-in-law, Steve's softball games also. But anyway, it was a lot of fun. Taylor and Blake had a very good time. Honestly, we all had a blast! The best part about it was it was FREE. QT (a convenience store) had free tickets sitting on the counters. They played music here and there, and some of it they LOVED was: "We will Rock you", the "Cha Cha Slide", "If you're happy and you know it", and of course, the baseball theme "Take me out to the ballgame". They really got into it. Blake met Katura the other day and has quite a little crush on her. Well she was there and he kept looking at her and when she would look at him and smile, he would cover his eyes, he's so bashful! It was funny to watch him. I really hope that I can go to another one again. I think what made it so fun was being with everyone that was there. The Tulsa Drillers ended up winning, so that made it even better, it was such a great evening! I had a blast!

13 comments:

Marisela said...

Sounds like fun. When Sean and I were first married we lived just a few blocks away from the statium in Wichita. We would go down sometimes for the the game. It was a lot of fun. We also went to a hockey game once. That was even more fun I thought. If you have never been to a hockey game you should go sometime

Cherrie said...

Sounds like you had a blast.

Sis Stubby said...

Glad you all had a blast.I have been to one baseball game the Indianapolis Indians.I would love to go to the Colts game.

Sabriena said...

Guess you all had a lot of fun, eh? I've never been to a baseball game that I remember, but I'm not all that into sports. They're fun to play, but... but maybe that's because I'm homeschooled! LOL. I'm glad that you had fun, though.

Sis. Lori P. said...

That's so nice that you and your family got to go and have a truly American experience. Especially fun to share it with the brethren!

Anonymous said...

How fun for you all! I love baseball games. The peanuts and hotdogs too but those hard benches get to me... after about 7 innings I'm done. Guess I'm getting old and need one of those pad thingys to sit on ;) Thank you so much for your sweet post to our family. I posted back but it took me a while :)

Trina said...

Happy Birthday...although belated! 27 was a great year for me! The ball game sounds like a blast. I have been to a few in my lifetime and I have always really enjoyed it!

Kim said...

When we lived in CA we would go to the Angels Game. We loved it and had so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it and hope you get to do it again!

Chantel H said...

Blake has a crush! How sweet! I can see why, Ketura is a beautiful girl. A little old for him though. Glad you had a good time.

Shannon said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm gald you had a great time.

melissa said...

i love baseball chris isnt into it much though. i cant wait for aiden to play it will be a blast

Tiffany said...

Sounds like fun :). Glad you all had a good time. Thats really cute about Blake having a crush =D

Jules said...

We're not too much into baseball either, but it was SOOO fun in person. I had no idea it would be so fun. You guys should go (Melissa), I think you would love it, especially Aiden!
Tiffany: Yes it is funny! I don't know if you know Keturah, but she is 15. Blake likes teenage girls, LOL.