Sunday, June 22, 2008

Uplifted

Friday night Ryan, with help from Bill P. got a new fan belt on our van. So I'm feeling so much better now. Plus... Bill found something under our hood that he said was making our van get TERRIBLE gas mileage. The vacuum had come loose. He put it back together and said it would help at least 4-5 miles a gallon better. I knew that we hadn't been doing very good on gas mileage. I just wish I would have known why a long time ago. Who knows how long it had been loose. I don't exactly know what it does to improve gas mileage, but I trust Bill, he knows a LOT about cars. I'm so glad that he found this problem before our trip to Colorado in August. We should also be getting that tax check soon, I HOPE!!! Then we will get our A/C fixed. So slowly, but surely, things are coming together.
Then last evening I took the kids to Henryetta where they were having a fish fry at the church. It was really nice. Then they had a bunch of homemade ice cream. Yummy. Afterwards we drove home and all of us went to see The Incredible Hulk. That, by the way was an AWESOME movie. Blake absolutely loved it!
Today we had such a great meeting. There was a lot of visiting brethren, and it turned out to be a very uplifting meeting. Ryan G. gave her hand to be baptized. So this evening was her baptism and ordinance supper. I was really down at the end of last week, but this weekend definitely uplifted me :)

7 comments:

Jackie said...

I am glad to hear you got your van fixed I bet that is a releif! And I hope your check will come soon we are still waiting on ours too. We have went on www.irs.gov and it told us when it would be mailed out so hopefully it won't be much longer.

melissa said...

so glad to hear things are going much better aiden also loved the hulk! we would have went to henryetta but we had went shopping all day and there were some fights on so skyler and angela came over to watch them with us

Trina said...

I am so glad that your vehicle is up and running again. Vehicle problems are so stressful!

Isn't that sidebar thingy super cool? It is something that blogger offers now. Just go into your layout and you can add it to your blog now. Its a new thing, and I love not having to go blog hopping to see if there are any new posts.

Sis. Leah said...

I am so glad to hear that things are getting better for you. I hope you get your tax check soon so you can get the rest of the things fixed.

Sabriena said...

That is so awesome. Baptisms are always something to uplift. Church is also very uplifting, although I often find myself sad after Church, because I'll have to wait 3-4 days until I can sit in Church again. But hey, that's why we have the Bible, right? Well, I mean, that's one reason. I'm glad that you feel so much more uplifted now.

Cherrie said...

I am glad that you got your van fixed. It is always a bummer with no car.

Kim said...

Yeah!!! Glad you have wheels again. Did you know you can get online and check the status of the check? You can go and find out if it has been mailed. Most importantly I am glad you were uplifted!