Monday, June 16, 2008

Things I'm looking forward to

Okay Marisela... you opened a door. Me and Cherrie have already followed, who else is going to? LOL. I'm not trying to be a copy-cat, but I really wanted to post something, and my life is dreadfully boring and I couldn't think of ANYTHING else to post about, so here it goes ;)

1. Going to Colorado in August for a week or so.
2. Going to my niece's wedding (in Colorado) on 08/08/08. Taylor is going to be a candle lighter and Blake is going to be the ring bearer.
3. Getting family pictures done in Colorado while we are there.
4. Going camping for the FIRST time. (We plan on going camping while in Colorado).
5. Losing weight (I've already started and already feel GREAT!)
6. Getting our tax rebate check! It's taking forever. I REALLY want to pay off some things!
7. Getting our air conditioner in our van fixed (when we get tax check)
8. Fourth of July!!!
9. Taylor's birthday (July 15th)
10. Eating Olathe Sweet Corn at the OSC Festival while we are in Colorado (I forgot about that one) Maybe staying for the Travis Tritt concert.
11. Something happening so I can think of something to write about, hehe ;)

10 comments:

Sabriena said...

Nice list. Maybe I'll write a list of things I'm looking forward to, too. Later. Some other day. What I'm meaning, is; I've already posted today, so it will have to be another time.

I can't wait to taste some Olathe Sweet Corn. I'm sure that if it's grown here on the West Coast, it won't taste the same, but Aunt Cendie sent us some seeds, and as far as I know, we are trying to plant it. I've heard all about it, so as I said, I can't wait to taste some. 11 things to look forward to, eh? One more, and you could have had an average of 1 thing per month... on the other hand, since we are already several months into this year, then that year of months would not be this - unless you, unlike anybody else - can look forward to things that have already happened! (Or already not happened).

Cherrie said...

A nice list of things to look forward to. I would love some Olathe sweet corn. Sounds yummmy!!!!

Sis Stubby said...

Looks like to me you are going to be very busy this summer.Have fun camping out.Now for the stupid Question .What is Olathe sweet corn?
Have fun in Colorado.

Jules said...

Neena: That's true, I could almost have an average of 1 per month, hehe. I hope the corn does good for you guys out there, it's so good!
Cherrie: It is sooo good, huh?!
Sis Stubby: Olathe is a SMALL town of about 1500 people. It is where I was born and raised. They are now famous for their Sweet corn. Olathe is definately an agriculture town. They grow everything, my mom and sister has a cherry orchard. But anyway, they have a HUGE festival every August, and it is the Olathe Sweet Corn Festival. You get to eat all the corn you can handle! It is the best corn in the world (I think ;)

Anonymous said...

Gosh we were there and didn't know anything about the corn! LOL Guess it'd be too soon for the cobs to be ready yet anyway. Something to look forward to next time :) 4th of July!! Reminds me we get to have all our brethren over for a BBQ, volleyball and fireworks. Next year maybe your list will include a visit to Oregon!

melissa said...

sounds like alot of fun and sounds like your gonna be a busy gal, yes the corn there is the best mmmmm mmm!!

Sis. Leah said...

Sounds like a busy but fun summer. Hope you guys enjoy it. Look forward to hearing about it.

Trina said...

Thats a great list. I have been going through and reading a few lists just like it on other blogs. Great idea! It's a important to dwell on good things, and you have some great ones.

meNmykids said...

I love the list, especially the last one. Haha. I'm really looking forward to our corn, hope it compares somewhat with the awesome stuff out there! I'm looking forward to the pictures that you are going to get taken (and post) too.

Jules said...

Gale: You bethcha I'll post them ;) I hope your corn turns out good also!!!