Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer fun!

Last year we bought a swimming pool and used it all summer long. We all had such a blast in it. However, our ground was not level, so we didn't get to fill it to the maximum filling potential. This year, we put it back up because we were in a hurry to use it. Well, the ground was even worse than last year (level wise). It kept getting worse and worse. The water is supposed to come up to my chest. The last time I got in it, the water was just barely above my knees. So Ryan and I decided to drain it and attempt to get it level. We bought 1000 pounds of sand and hauled it back to the pool area. Then Ryan got out his level and floated the whole area. This process took several days, of VERY hard work! And not to mention, HOT, humid weather to do it in, so needless to say, it was a hard project! But... after Ryan leveled it out, I filled it back up and it is better than it ever was. It is so much deeper than it ever has been. The kids are back in it today. They have really missed it since we started the project. I'm SO glad we did it There's nothing like watching and listening to your children having so much fun!

11 comments:

JoAnn said...

We LOVE our swimming pool. But I know what you mean about the leveling thing. We lucked out as ours is almost level so we didn't have to start over, but we will find a location with fewer leaves for next year.

Cherrie said...

I am sure that they are totally enjoying it. Glad you got it leveled.

melissa said...

aiden and i love to go out during the day and play in our pool even if its for only an hour the sun feels so good and the water keeps us cool i bought a lounger for me and i totaly love it aiden can play while i relax

Anonymous said...

It looks so inviting but COLD!! Of course I'm also sitting in my house with a sweater on cuz it's only 69 degrees out :) We've had some beautiful days though and our summers warming up! I think the most beautiful sound the Lord made is the laughter of our children. Enjoy every minute!

Kim said...

Yeah for you! When we lived in CA we had a built in pool that we used everyday. That is one thing we all have missed a lot. Have fun with it!

Sis. Leah said...

I am so glad to hear that you were able to get it fixed. My boys love going to the pool.They could live in the water if I would let them. Hope you guys get lots of use out of it this summer.

Jules said...

Thanks for your comments everyone, we are definately enjoying it :)
Sister D: The water is surprizingly warm. With all this HOT weather, it has really heated the water. It's kind of lukewarm :) It is nice!!! HEHE.

Sis. Lori P. said...

What fun! I hope your husband gets to play in the pool too after working so hard. What a knight in shining armor you have there! Our sweeties are our heroes aren't they?

Beth said...

Looks like a blast!!!! Wish we could be there swimming with ya :-)

Jules said...

Lori: Yeah, my husband LOVES getting into the pool after ahot, long hard day at work. He is my knight in shining armor! I feel very blessed :D
Beth: I SOOO wish you could come out here and swim with us too :) Maybe next spring/summer? Can't wait to see you in July or August!!!

marykathryn said...

My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE to swim! That looks like so much fun! Glad you got it up and running!