Well... I'm on foot again, probably for at least a week or two. Our stupid van started messing up yesterday. We were driving over to see RD and Andra's precious baby boy and it started making a weird noise. It sounded like we were constantly driving over branches and they were hitting up into our engine. We pulled over and looked under the hood. We saw that our fan belt was halfway ripped and we are pretty sure that it is what is making the noise. So we went home and got into our teeny tiny truck. Poor Blake had to sit on the floorboard. We probably wouldn't have went then, but I had made them some homemade cinnamon rolls. And by the way, Ryan and I are on a diet, so I didn't want them staying in our house, LOL. We did make it over there and it was SO worth it. I got to hold Caanan for about an hour. He's so SWEET!!!
But anyway, Ryan drives the truck to work and that is why I'm on foot. Thank goodness we live 2 blocks from the park, so we can go there. And I can go get groceries or whatever I need to get in the evening. HOPEFULLY we will get that tax check in the next week or two. As soon as we get it, the first thing I'm going to do is buy the parts I need to fix our van. Right now, we need: a radiator condenser (for the A/C), a left front fender, a left lamplight, and now a fan belt. And hopefully we can get it fixed shortly after I get all the parts. It is really miserable driving around with no A/C in Oklahoma. Anyway, I just needed to vent a little about the stupid van problems. I can't seem to figure out why we ALWAYS get problems like this. And it always happens when we don't even have 2 pennies to rub together (not literally, but pretty close). PLEASE pray for us, we are going through a REALLY tough time (mainly financial). We really need it. Thank you :)





















































23 comments:
Car trouble seems to trouble certain folk more than others. Because James does mechanic stuff on the side he is always willing to get a "fixer upper". Soooo, we too are troubled with the car trouble. Sorry.
I am so sorry that your having car trouble. I know it can be very stressful.
We have had so many car troubles over the years. It is SOO frustrating. I can really sympathise. No air conditioning in Oklahoma is miserable. We had that one year. Our windows wouldn't open either. Hot and sweaty doesn't even begin to explain it.
I hope you get your tax check soon and can get the car fixed. I will pray for you about the money troubles.
I am so sorry to hear of your car trouble. I had a few of them myself already this summer. I will pray for you guys. Being on foot in the heat probably isn't much fun either. I will be praying.
I am sorry to hear of the car troubles you are having. I will keep you guys in my prayers. And pray that you have cool days till you can get it fixed.
Hey, it could be worse! I too have had a few problems with my car this summer, and I just lost my job, and I just gotta remember before I start getting discouraged, that it could be 10x worse than it is right now. Makes me so much more thankful that its not horribly bad.
Oops, I pushed enter before I finished posting. I just wanted to say, I'm sorry for the troubles with your car. I'll be praying you can get it fixed
Times like these are when we draw closer to the Lord and need him even more to get by, day by day. It seems (for me) whenever i have been in a financial trial is when the Lord has really increased my faith. Like when i needed $200 and had no idea how i would be able to come up with the money. Then the next day, after seeking the lord, i received a check in the mail for $200 from an OLD employer. I mean, i hadn't worked for this company in over 2 years and they sent me a check for the vacation days i had never used when i worked for them. I know that was God! I have so many similar testimony's. The Lord always provides :)
I will pray for you and your family <3
Sorry for your trouble. We have had our share from time to time. At least you have a second vechicle, so Ryan can still go to work. Glad you thaought my last post was cool enough to copy. Hope you have a great time in Colorado.
Thank you all for your words and prayers. I know it can change from day to day. Ryan told me after work that we are going to go ahead and fix the fan belt this weekend, so at least we don't have to wait 1-2 weeks to drive the van. We'll be okay, it just seemed to all hit us all at once, and I tend to freak out. I know that it can always be worse. I also know that God will definately take care of us. thanks again :)
I'll try to remember to pray for you, Sis. Julie. I don't remember the heat, or lack thereof from our visit to Oklahoma for Christmas while I was a little girl, but I've heard stories. Not of that trip, stories, but from people like U. Dale and A. Chantel, Skyelene, etc. I'm glad that you discovered the problem(s) with your van before something serious happened. With the price of gas, maybe it's better that you're on foot, for the time being... LOL.
It's kind of funny. I'm not sure if it was just most, or if it was ALL of our Suburbans except the "new Suburban" that have had their transmissions shot. Suburbans always seem to have tranny problems when in our family. Except the "new Suburban", as I said before.
Anyway, we have a 15 passenger van, now, and so far, so good (except for the gas mileage). I'll try to remember to pray for you, as I said before, but now that I have a special need to remember, I'll probably forget (though I have been praying for you most of the time, lately. I couldn't remember if there was a reason, so I just tried to pray for you every time just in case).
P.S. I just read all of the comments, and when I saw Sis. Marisela's, it reminded me of the time that one of their kids, Kayla, I think, prayed for them to have car trouble so they wouldn't have to leave, when they were visiting one time! And the nice thing (for her) is: He answered her prayer, too!
I remember one time Jim & I had a truck the only way it would start was to push it and pop the clutch. You should have seen me and the kids. The boys would push and then I would stop and pick them up.At the time I didn't think that was very funny. But now I look back on it and see God's mercy on us.It made us stronger people.
You will look back on this and be able to tell people the things God has done for you and how we can make with his help.
I also ment to say .You can vent any time about your troubles.
I'm so glad that you'll be able to get you van fixed soon. I can understanding needing to vent. If you can't vent to your sister's then you can you vent to. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Awww.... so sorry to hear about your troubles. Wish I was near so I could come and pick you up and go for lunch and let you just talk and talk and we could visit about how many times the Lord had great mercy on us as we raised our sweet little flock of children with "hardly two pennies to rub together". It feels like I am the person in the scripture saying to you, "depart in peace, may you be warmed and filled..." but not giving you much...so frustrating! I WILL pray at least!
I've been so touched by what my other Sisters have said. It seems like they went right to prayer and testifying about what God has done in their great time of need. We've all been there and that's what makes sharing our thoughts so sweet. Many times when our family was young, I wished money would fall from a tree and help us through but God knew what I needed to learn through that time and it allowed me to see God's hand work on our behalf time and time again. Like Sis Lori said I wish u lived closer so we could be a better comfort! My daughters not driving now, so we have a car you could totally have right now! Lots of love and prayers
You all are so sweet! I really do feel a lot better today than I did yesterday. I just sometimes have to quit worrying, which is extremely hard for me. I KNOW that God has helped us out in the past, and I love telling about things that have happened that was DEFINATELY from God.
A trip to Oregon would for sure make me feel better ;) I wish I cold be there also!!! HEHE.
Daina: That is an incredibly sweet gesture! I'm sure your daughter will need it before long though :D I hope that when we get our van fixed we can buy a car (with cash) and then sell the van. Then we wouldn't have any car payments. It will all work out somehow :)
im so sorry i know this van has gave you more problems than you can shake a stick at but on a good note the baby is so sweet i also got to hold him for awhile he is such a good baby!!aiden feel in love with him hehe
Sorry Julie. I hope things get better soon.
It's not Bro. Ted and Sis. Tina's son. I hate to put last names on here, so I hope you know who Bro. Russel and Sis. Priscilla is. You may have heard about their son, Lee, moving out to Colorado?
Oh yes, I know who you're talking about. I met Lee when we lived in GJ.
Well, I'm a little late with this comment, but I hope things are looking up for you financially. It seems like finances are a constant sorce of trial for a lot of people. I will be praying for you.
I'm glad that you felt you could "vent" in your blog. I know I mostly want to post things that are uplifting and can help those that read; but I've been thinking recently in some ways it might help to post some of the trials we go through so that others who may be going through simular things can know that they are not alone. Also, it is such a comfort to get all the wonderful comments from our caring sisters.
Post a Comment