Yesterday was a CRAZY day. We woke up to a lightning and thunder storm. For all of you who haven't been in an Oklahoma storm, you have NO idea just how POWERFUL and scary they can be. Then right as it was almost time to go to church, we had a hail storm. We had between pea and quarter sized hail. Melissa had golf ball sized hail at her house. It was crazy. Then a few minutes after that, we had a flash flood. The roads looked like rivers. There's one dip on our road that has a water drain and I was driving towards that dip, but when I got to it, I noticed a fire hydrant down in that area, and I could only see the top 6 inches of it. It was like a little pond, so needless to say, I turned around, LOL. It was kind of fun to watch the storm, but it was definitely an intense one!
The flash flood hadn't come quite yet in this picture
Proof that we had hail
It is hard to tell in this picture, but the road really did look like a river. You can see in the neighbor's yard, that they had a little mudslide going on.Then we had Blake's birthday party. We had a nice turnout this year. For the last 2 years in a row, we only had 1 child show up, so the last 2 years had been a BIG let down. So it was really nice to have a good turnout for a change. I made a homemade chocolate cake and homemade ice cream. Everyone seemed to like it and I haven't heard of anyone getting sick, so I think it was okay ;) Blake loved everything that he got, and the kids all had a LOT of fun playing in the kids' bedrooms. And the adults had a nice time visiting. It turned out to be a great day!!!


Blake loves Indiana Jones
I made an Indiana Jones whip. It turned out really cute, but it is already falling apart. So I guess I'll have to go ahead and buy him a better one. But at least I tried to save money, LOL.





















































8 comments:
I'm trying to make up to you with tons of sweet comments this week... sorry for my downer comment last week and I'm really a big fan of yours! I got to go through an OK thunderstorm last Oct when we were there. I'll take the Pacific NW where there is no tornadoes and our biggest hail is pea size! Although I really would like to see a golf ball size hail stone one day, but with my car in a garage and in the safety of a house!
Lori: It's ok, it wasn't just your comment that bummed me out. There was one more. In fact, I didn't delete the blog until I got the next comment, there's honestly more to it than anyone knows. SO honestly, don't worry about it. I am also a big fan of you :D Yeah it is funny, my sister-in-law called me to tell me they had golf ball size hail a few minutes before. So I was trying to hurry and get the cars inside the garage, and it was too late, it started hailing before I could get anything done. And I wasn't going out in the hail! That could hurt. I really miss living in Colorado, the storms are VERY mild, no tornados, no hurricanes, no worries, except for maybe earthquakes. Even that, there hasn't ever been a bad earthquake there, but there has been a couple REALLY SMALL ones. But Colorado is not where we are supposed to be, so I know that we will be protected.
man it was a scary day yesterday wasnt it?but it all turned out to be a fun and exciting day
That looks like a pretty fun and busy cake! Heidi is in here, and she was telling me "I yike that cake. I yike that cake." Blake is so cute! Glad you had a good turn out, in spite of the weather. Do you know what it makes me think of when you say that you had a big thunderstorm, then hail, then flash flood? Naturally, it makes me think of "But the Lord was not in the wind..." (I'm not sure if that is exact wording, but you know what I'm talking about).
So happy for Blake That he had a wonderful paty.I understand about the T-Storms. We have them every summer. friday night we lost our lights till about 5:30 Saturday morning. The wind was bad.But God took care of us.
I am so glad that his party turned out good. I am so sorry we couldn't make it. Lee's ankle has just been really bad. We are praying for a speedy recovery, but its just seems to be taking a lot longer than we would like. I would love to see his Indiana whip, Elisha was bragging on you and how you made it. We didn't get any of the hail here just some rain.
I'm so glad you all are safe and God took car of you.
What a fun birthday! So glad that he had lots of friends to share it with. Love the whip.
Post a Comment