Last weekend (the weekend before we went to Dallas), Ryan and I went down to Ollie and Sharon's to spend the weekend. Well they have the Hallmark Channel and Sharon had turned on a movie on that channel. First of all, I'm not big on Westerns/Frontier movies, and that is what this movie was. I watched it here and there, but didn't really sit down long enough to see what was happening. I helped Sharon clean her house, and I had just mopped the floor, so I was basically stuck in the TV room, so I decided to go ahead and watch it. Wow, it was actually interesting...HMMM, what do ya know, I do like movies that take place in the Frontier days (1800's), hehe. It took quite a while to let the floors dry, but the rest of the house was basically done, so Sharon and I sat down to relax and watched the movie together. Ryan had to work that day, and wasn't going to be there until later. And Ollie got a call from Paul D. and he wanted Ollie to come and meet him in Shawnee, so Ollie was gone all evening. So....the TV was ours to control ;) This particular movie is a part of a 6 movie story. It happened to be #3. I started watching it in the middle of #3. So I definitely got into this movie. Then after I watched 3-6, it was done on TV, so I HAD to rent the first 3 to see what led up to when I started watching it ;) It is such a GREAT christian movie series. They were very religious people in the movies. It is a love story about 3 generations of a family. It is written by Janette Oke. And directed by Michael Landon Jr. It honestly makes me wish I would have lived back in that time period, weird huh? But I really do... I wish life wasn't as fast paced as it is now. Oh well, I can just keep watching these great movies and keep on wishing, LOL. But if you ever get a chance to watch these movies, I think you'll love them!



























































15 comments:
My mom has alot of those movies. I have only seen one or two but they are very good movies.
Our sister's here in this part of the country LOVE these movies! We have taken them on our Sister's Trips and fell in love with them. Although I didn't know that there were six of them!
I have not watched any of the movies but the books were wonderful. and wish there was more.I love these kind of books and have pretty much read any that are in our library of this type.
I had no idea there were that many! I think i need to have a movie night soon....with popcorn =D. Lol i'm hungry. I better go eat breakfast.
my parents love these movies when we go out to washington we always watch them chris is really into them infact i usally fall asleep in the middle of them and he is the one up and watching them with my mom and dad hehe
I've been wanting to watch these movies. My mom collects Jannette Oke books; so I read the series. They are very good. I would recommend Jannette Oke books to anyone. The one thing I've been wanting to know is the exact order these movies are in so I can watch them in order. It's nice that you have it all in this blog; so I can go down your list as I get around to watching the movies.
The books are great. You should read them sometime and see how they compare.
I love her books.I did not know they where made into movies. I will check that out.
I have seen most of these movies and I really like them. They are clean and you know how hard it is to find a clean movie these days. SO I was really excited about finding them also. I still have not seen some of the last ones. I really like how they portrayed the Dad Clark. I really like him. HEHE
I watched a couple of those movies too. Very good! I should get the books too since we are a homeschool family. Nice reminder.
Very good, we haven't watched them all, but I read all the books. Life was much slower paced back then.
Oh nice! We watch those movies almost every time we go out on a sisters getaway. I've been waiting for the next one to come out...I think it was the last one you have up. Can't wait to see it!
The movies are great and my husband even likes to watch them with me. The books are great too!!
I've read all of the book's and would love to see all of the movies. I've only been able to watch one of the movies so far.
Wow, I didn't realize everyone had seen these movies! They are great! I am going to ask for the set for Christmas ;) I'm not much on reading, but I really have enjoyed watching the movies!
Post a Comment