Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yard sale is over, but not a sucess :(

Well I closed down my yard sale for good. I didn't sell everything by a long shot. I made maybe $60.00, which is better than nothing I guess. It may pay one bill that I needed to pay. I'm going to put a few things on craigslist and keep them for a week, then whatever I haven't sold, I'm donating! It's not going back in my house, and not staying in my garage! HEHE, So basically my Step 1 in my garage transformation is complete. I'm so excited to get all the yard sale stuff cleared out and start organizing the shelves. I have enough shelves that it shouldn't be hard to get everything in a good place. But like I mentioned yesterday, I have found SEVERAL things that I had lost, so it was like finding treasure. HEHE. Anyway... I'm a little disappointed, but definitely glad it's over with, they are such a pain to have.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Sorry your Yard Sale wasn't a success if it wasn't for my husbands stuff mine would never be a success. I was wondering how it went.

Shannon said...

They are a pain. But . . it's nice to get a little bit of cash for stuff you've decided you no longer need. And it's a great feeling to get old stuff cleared out & get organized. That's on my "to do" list this summer. Hopefully in June.

Cherrie said...

I am sorry things didn't turn out any better. But at least you got your garage in order. That alone is a awesome feeling. I love when I find things that was missing, its like Christmas all over again.

Jules said...

Cherrie: Funny you should mention Christmas... Part of the things I found were Christms items. For example: If you look back onto some of my pre-Christmas posts, you'll see that I wrote that I was missing our nice stockings and had to used our plain red stockings. Well, I found the nice stockings, YAY! But, yeah, at least I amgetting my garage in order, that is worth it all by itself. I missed you today. Hopefully we'll come see ya soon :)

Sis Stubby said...

Glad to here you made a little .And did clean the garage out.I hardley every make what other people say they make on any sale I ever had.Some times it just seem worth all the hard work.But you never know till you try.

Sis. Lori P. said...

UGGHHH! I hate garage sales...sitting there in the sun and sweating and waiting for people to show up. Then you have to tote all the unsold stuff back into boxes and get rid of it. What a great attitude I have! Glad yours is over...whoopee!

Jules said...

lori: Yes they actually are pretty terrible, I only did it because I was trying to make up for lost wages (from Ryan) but didn't even really do that. Oh well. I'm not bringing things back into my house, I'm going to be making a trip to the Goodwill ;) And I think it is going to be a long time before I have another one, at least I hope!

meNmykids said...

Glad it is over. I don't really like having garage sales either. I tend to mass price with extremely low prices just to get as much sold as possible. Too bad you didn't make more, but if one bill was paid....

melissa said...

sorry you didnt do as good as you wanted,but glad you got your garage organized that is an awsome feeling i hate going into a messy garage i cant wait for chris to take all his work stuff to the storage

Sabriena said...

Well, I'm glad it's over. Yard sales ARE a lot of work! I'm just old enough to remember not just the last yard sale we had, but also all of the work that went into it. Mom doesn't ever want to have a yard sale again. She said we could just give the stuff to Goodwill! Now, it's the other kids who want to have the yard sale. Mom is telling them that if they get it ready, she'll let them have it, but she is not going to help at all. I've been staying out of the whole business. I haven't said a thing about it until now, to them, or anyone else. I'm NOT getting involved: like I said, I am old enough now to remember all of the work that goes into it. But I guess I've rambled on long enough.