We picked a great place to move! Our house is 2 blocks from a REALLY nice park. This park already has 3 different playgrounds, a lot of miscellaneous playground equipment, and a splash park, which is a BLAST to play in on a hot summer day! It is the ONLY splash park in town. Even adults LOVE it, at least I do ;) Well about a month ago, I found out that there are plans to put a public swimming pool in this park! I was very excited, but wasn't sure if it was just a rumor. Then I have since then heard that they are trying to raise money to build it. I was very excited. First of all, there are no public pools here in this town, only the Salvation Army has a pool, and you have to be a member to use it. So needless to say, we needed a public swimming pool. Then to find out that it is planned on being in a park just 2 blocks from my house, how awesome! However, it is not going to open for 2 more years. But still... I'm pretty excited about it! Here is a computer drawing of what it is supposed to look like:
One of the 3 playgrounds
Taylor getting SPLASHED from the water in the bucket. By the way, that house DIRECTLY behind Taylor used to be Lee and Cherrie's house.
Me and my neice, Kayla also getting spashed from the bucket, it is FUN!
And Blake about to play in the splash park.





















































14 comments:
How FUN! Wish we had something like that here! Our poor little city needs something like that. The only excitement here is a festival in the summer, whoo hooo! ;D
Raine: Your town sounds EXACTLY like the town I'm from, Olathe, Colorado. There is a sweet corn festival there every August, but other than that, nothing goes on there. This town has like 6 or 7 parks, and they are all VERY nice. I personally think the park next to my house and one other park in downtown are the nicest ones.
Lol, Our festival is a Scandinavian festival. Just wait till you see it! People dress up as vikings, trolls and scandinavian people. It's actually a lot of fun. I'll have to post about it when we have our next festival in August. ;)
How fun!! we went to a water park like that when we lived out there. They are great. I have a pool right down the road and I thought that I would really enjoy it when I moved here, but we've only been there once. I hope to change that soon.
That looks like fun. Hope you are still there to enjoy the pool when it comes in. Glad you are happy with your house.
i sooooo cant wait to get this pool in town and julie,raine was talking about the festival well i went to it every year and i got to go to it last summer while i was visiting my grandparents it is a blast to go to it was like a family tradition for all of us to meet up there tayor and blake would love it,aiden i have to say didnt like the vikings too much lol but it was fun to share something with him that i did as a kid
HEHE, the Vikings was my middle school mascot. So I would probably LOVE the Vikings ;) Yeah it sounds like a lot of fun. Raine said it is in August. I will be in Colorado the first part of August, for the Sweet Corn Festival, and for my neice's wedding. We would like to go to Oregon the last part of July, if it works out, that is.
That is so exciting, and it is so good that they have a fence around it, just in case. That looks like so much fun! We have a park that is only 7 blocks worth of walking/driving from our house. It is not anything near the park by your house, though. Still, it is a park, and we are happy for it! That is so neat, that you live so close to where Bro. Lee and Sis. Cherrie used to live. We live just a couple of blocks away from where one of my uncle and aunts used to live... for some reason, I can't remember which right now. I will have to ask Mom. Of course, I'm sure that you already know - especially if it is U. Dale and A. Chantel, which is who I'm suspecting. Glad you're having fun, and hey! who knows, they may be able to get it opened sooner! Wouldn't that be awesome!
That looks like so much fun.I am sure the kids will enjoy the pool.
We enjoyed that park a lot during our time of living so close. I was excited when the water park came into town. I loved looking out my back window to see how busy it was and to see if we wanted to go.
Coming to Oregon the last part of July! Now that you said it we're going to hold you to it girl! ;)It would be so sweet if we could all get together and finally meet. We're going to be in church in Montrose, Co. Wed. June 4th If any of my dear brethren in blogger-land could be there it'd be so awesome! During a very hard time of my daughters illness, Sister Vicki Pfister sent her this big envelope stuffed with letters the young ones in that place had all gotten together and written to her. It still brings tears just thinking about how much that touched our hearts and now we get to thank them in person!
Sister D: Montrose is where I'm originally from, well actually Olathe, which is 10 miles from Montrose. My mom is Nora L. You'll have to tell her we (sort of) know each other. I wish I could be there when you are there, so we could meet. Vickie was such a wonderful person. I'm going to miss her forever. The only thing that will stop us from going to Oregon, is lack of $$$, so pray that it will work out for us :)
We have a park just like that by our house. We walk to it and the kids love getting wet.
That looks like fun. I can't wait until it get warm enough for us to go swimming. Luckly for us we have a Brother and Sister here who have their own pool.
Post a Comment