Hello again! We made it home last night and I was so tired that I didn't get on the computer, I was ready for bed!!! We had such a great time down in Dallas! We got down there Friday around 11am. We went straight to 6 Flags. It wasn't too awful busy, so we got to ride the rides fairly quick. We rode the Batman ride first (it has the railing on the top, instead of under you) Then as soon as we rode that, Ryan made me to the Dive Bomber Alley/Sky Coaster.
I was SO SCARED!!! It is where you get strapped into a harness and they attach a cord to your harness. Then they take you up, & up, & up..... I'm not really scared of heights, unless I know I'm going to be free-falling, which is EXACTLY what you do!!! It was terrifying, I wanted to yell "STOP, I don't want to do this!!!" But I knew they wouldn't hear me, and I knew I was doomed to have to do it. My husband made me! So we finally make it up to the top and they have a speaker up at the top and it tells you. "3-2-1 FLY!" Then Ryan pulled the rip cord, and we went head first for 2-3 seconds, and then finally leveled out on our stomachs. After that it was actually fun. My poor heart, it was hurting so bad! Then after we got that out of the way (THANK GOODNESS) we went and rode all the good rides! I love rollercoasters. The Titan is definitely a little scary at first. But it is also SOOO fun. Our 3 favorite rides were: The Batman, The Titan, and Mr Freeze.
Mr Freeze starts out indoors and they immediately shoot you out at 70 mph. You don't have much time to get scared. The whole ride lasts 45 seconds, not long at all. At the end of the ride, you are seriously going STRAIGHT up at a 90 degree angle, then you go backwards. It was all so much fun!


I was SO SCARED!!! It is where you get strapped into a harness and they attach a cord to your harness. Then they take you up, & up, & up..... I'm not really scared of heights, unless I know I'm going to be free-falling, which is EXACTLY what you do!!! It was terrifying, I wanted to yell "STOP, I don't want to do this!!!" But I knew they wouldn't hear me, and I knew I was doomed to have to do it. My husband made me! So we finally make it up to the top and they have a speaker up at the top and it tells you. "3-2-1 FLY!" Then Ryan pulled the rip cord, and we went head first for 2-3 seconds, and then finally leveled out on our stomachs. After that it was actually fun. My poor heart, it was hurting so bad! Then after we got that out of the way (THANK GOODNESS) we went and rode all the good rides! I love rollercoasters. The Titan is definitely a little scary at first. But it is also SOOO fun. Our 3 favorite rides were: The Batman, The Titan, and Mr Freeze.
Mr Freeze starts out indoors and they immediately shoot you out at 70 mph. You don't have much time to get scared. The whole ride lasts 45 seconds, not long at all. At the end of the ride, you are seriously going STRAIGHT up at a 90 degree angle, then you go backwards. It was all so much fun!We went again on Saturday, it was SO busy, but we had so much fun then also. Then on Sunday, we went to church. I grew up in Montrose/Delta area and there are a few people from that area that have moved to Dallas. It was so nice getting to see faces that I grew up with. We went to my cousins, Rod and Lynell's after church and had hamburgers. Then after lunch, my cousin, Caleb did a ventriloquist act for us.
He is SO good at it! We really enjoyed it. Then we headed home and stopped halfway home to see some other friends, Tom and Vanessa (also from Delta area) and we visited with them for a little while and came on home. It was a fun, but very tiring weekend! I'm so glad we got to go!
He is SO good at it! We really enjoyed it. Then we headed home and stopped halfway home to see some other friends, Tom and Vanessa (also from Delta area) and we visited with them for a little while and came on home. It was a fun, but very tiring weekend! I'm so glad we got to go!
This is taken from our hotel room, in this picture, you can see the Titan (orange), the Texas Rangers stadium, and the new Dallas Cowboys stadium being built as we speak.

The Batman ride (yellow) and Mr. Freeze (red)

Please excuse my hair, it was wind-blown, I had JUST finished the sky-coaster.





















































18 comments:
How fun, but scary too! You two are so cute in your picture down there at the bottom of this post. It's wonderful to be anywhere with your husband, isn't it? I just love being with mine...wherever we are, he makes it a wonderful place to be! I have to tell you a little secret about me and scary rides. You know how people scream on them? Well, I don't scream, I laugh hysterically! I can't stop myself for nothing. I just keep laughing and laughing until my stomach hurts so badly. Strange.
WOW, I don't think I've ever heard anyone laugh on scary rides before ;) But that is cool! Yes it is so nice to get away with just your husband, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Jules,
What an awesome time you all had. Spending time with our family's is the best! Looks scary though.(I'm a big chicken but I've had to go on some scary stuff with my kids because Dave's afraid of heights and so Mom got the job!)
LOL Lori! I have seen her giggling when she's scared or nervous. It's the cutest thing!;)
Wow! It looks like you had a LOT of fun! And if you are saying "excuse my hair" when it looks as nice as that... I think ventriloquists are so cool! It's been a long time since I've watched one, though. Oh, well. Once again, looks like you had so much fun! I'm glad that you posted about it. I've never actually BEEN on a roller coaster, but I don't think I'd like it. I can just imagine my stomach doing flip flops. Some people seem to like that sensation - I'm not one of them!
Glad you had such a wonderful time Julie. We all need to get away and just play from time to time. Don't feel guilty about the funeral. I guess there were a lot of people there. I didn't make it myself because we didn't leave Sapulpa until Saturday AM.
mr freeze is awsome huh i love that ride so gald you had a good time
I am glad you had a good time it is great to spend time with our hubsands. I told mine I want to go away for our 10th anniversary so we will see. I love rollar caosters I bet you had a blast.
I'm glad you had so much fun. We went to six flags once. I hadn't ever been on a big roller coaster. Jeff had me in the first car the first row. I don't remember which one it was, you start out going straight down into a hole. I don't think I will ride another one.
I love the pictures.
Sylvia: That was the Titan. There is a tunnel in the bottom of the first drop off. If that was your first rollercoaster, then you are one BRAVE person!!! You started out riding one of the BIGEST rollercoasters! No wonder you are freaked out about rollercoasters. The Titan is intense! Rollercoasters are great, maybe just try a smaller one sometime :) They're great!
Glad that you had fun. I think that I would HATE the scary rides. I don't like the feeling and I'm pretty sure I would throw up. However, it sounds like that is the sort of thing you all like, so undoubtably it was the best for you. Glad you got to do something for your anniversary.
Happy Anniversary. Glad you were able to get away for a couple days. Sound like it was lots of fun. I love amusement parks.
I'm glad you had a wonderful time & it's great to see you're back, safe & sound.
You are so lucky! Sounds like you two had a blast! Those rides sound so fun! ;D
Glad you all had a good time. I don't do roller coaster's. I love the around and around rides.Just being with my husband would be great.
Sis Stubby: It was wonderful being with just Ryan! I know that we don't know each other very well, and you should know that last August, we were seperated. And the 5 years before that we had a HORRIBLE marriage! And the 4 years before that, we had an okay marriage, but I had little babies and they took up all my time, so Ryan and I didn't have a great connection. Well, in the last 9 months, our marriage has done a total turnaround, and we are happier now than we have EVER been! I'm so thankful for that. We really did enjoy each other's company! Satan has really tried to ruin us, but we fought, with the Lord's help, and have come out triumphant! I LOVE MY HUBBY!
BTW, you should read my VERY first post! I started this blog when Ryan and I FIRST got back together. It will give you a little more of an idea of what we've been through. Love ya!
I am so glad that you had such a nice time.
I've been wondering how your big six flags weekend went. I am so glad you had such a nice time!!
Post a Comment