Today I went to Brother Jacob Bocook's funeral. He moved to Delta when I was a teenager and he started hanging out with my good friend, Velvadene, so I also hung out with him as a teenager. We weren't close friends, but was definitely good friends. I just felt so bad for his wife, Renee. She also was a good friend of mine as a teenager. It is so strange to see people that I am/was friends with being called home. He left behind 5 children and 1 on the way :( I just can't stop thinking about poor Renee. She is going to have quite a trial ahead of her. But as I was standing at the graveside, they asked that we all sing a couple songs. I have heard some beautiful singing, but today I just listened to the voices harmonize and it actually (to me) sounded like a bunch of angels. It comforted me. I don't know why that was the most comforting thing to me, but it was. I think it was only about 3 months ago that I saw Jacob and Renee at RD and Andra's wedding and it was so nice getting to catch up with them. I told them I was going to try to come and see them. And you know how time goes by SO quickly and I've gone through a lot of things in those 3 months, but now I just am so MAD at myself that I didn't. I hope that this will be a lesson for me that we can NOT take advantage that everyone will always be there and we can go see them just whenever we want to, because that isn't always so. He was only 35, his family needs all the prayers possible.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















































7 comments:
I can just a magine the buetiful singing there today,especaily if very many of Renne' family was there .They all can sing so wonderful. That is so sad that he had left his little family ,but I know with the help of the Lord ,brethren and family she will be able to stand. michelle g.
Prayer. My heart goes out to her also, I pray that God will give her comfort and strength for the great responsibility to come.
How sad for Renee. I can't even imagine what she must be feeling.
My heart goes out to her and her children as well....I will remember them in my prayers. You are right putting things off is never a good choice.
I know at the last funeral I attended the singing really touched me as well....
My heart just broke for Renee when I heard of his death. And that she was expecting another child. Time can go so fast if we are not careful. I love to hear the singing of so many.
I am so saddened by the news. It is so scary to hear of someone so young pass away so quickly, however I know that the Lord always has a plan. It isnt always easy to accept though. I didn't know that Renee had five children already, I knew she was expecting, but wow! She will be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing this with us!
My dad used to tell this story about how he came to Colorado when I was young and he was getting ready to leave to go home and he really felt like he should pray for one certain brother, but he rode out here with another brother, I think it was Ollie but I'm not sure anyway, he put it off and finally decided not to and after he got home he found out the brother had passed away. I have always tried to remember that cause so many times we feel like we can visit or do something tomorrow and there isn't one. I actually was over at George and Betha's right before Brother Rex Newport passed away and felt like praying for him and I thought it's to busy I'll wait till later this evening. I went home and 45 minutes later we got a call saying he had passed away. It was really hard for me to deal with for a while.
Post a Comment