Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another blessing for us

About one and a half months ago, Ryan wasn't working and he applied at this company called Paragon. He was hired very quickly after that and we were both thankful. His pay wasn't as good as we were used to but they told him that they worked a lot of overtime and the pay was better with overtime. He really wanted a day job, but that was filled up so he had to take evenings/nights. He went in at 2:45 pm. and was supposed to get home shortly after 3:00 am every morning. They also worked him 6 days a week, so as you can imagine, he had no life outside of work. He worked at least 70 hours a week. He would come home and have to wind down for about an hour and then slept during the day. Then they started keeping him longer hours, and it wasn't consistent. They would just decide the night of how long they were going to stay. So he never knew if he would be home at 3,4, even 5 am. And another thing started to bother him, they have a day crew and a night crew. Well the day crew would ONLY work 10 hours a day. They would make the night crew make up for the "quota" that the day crew (most of the time) didn't make. Also, Ryan said that they treated him and everyone TERRIBLE! Ryan didn't get to go to church Wednesday nights, we couldn't go visiting nights, like we wanted to. And even on Sundays, he had a hard time getting up to go to church, and he really wanted to go. So he has been very stressed lately.
Well, he talked to a brother (yesterday) that does tile and started working for him today, so we will get to go to church 2 times + a week together and go visiting! I think this will be so much better on him spiritually also. So God has really blessed us!

7 comments:

Tish said...

That's great! I'm happy for you guys. It's hard when the husband has to work long hard hours. I've never had to deal with night shift, but I don't think it would be fun.

meNmykids said...

That is wonderful! I am so happy for you both. James has worked night shift a lot and I hate it, it is nice to feel like you have a husband. I hope you continue to be blessed and take advantage of the opportunity to assemble and visit. What a blessing.

michelle said...

Yeah for you guys!So glad things are going nice right now,stick with it and the lord will see you thru.

Barbara Reed said...

That is so wonderful. I know how you feel when Billy was on the rigs I prayed and prayed that god would give him a job in town and his bosses now are great to us. They have helped us in a crunch several times. So I know why a new job is sometimes a beautiful thing.

Marisela said...

That will be so good for you guys. I would hate for Sean to have to work nights. I'm thankful for the job and the hours he does work.

Trina said...

That is GREAT news! I am so glad to hear that. I hope that this next job works out, and ends up being a great strength in living the faith rather than a hinderance, like the other job was. Keep praying...God always knows just how much we can bear.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Its great to see and hear how God still works in the lives of his people. Travis worked nights for over 2 years before God blessed him with the Wonderful job he has now.