Well, I have fulfilled 2/3 goals to give my kids a fun filled spring break. Taylor had received a free rollerskating coupon from a place that is about 10 miles away. And tonight was "Cheap Skates" night. It was only $3.00 a person, which only ended up costing me $6.00 to go. Ryan was tired so it was just me and the kids again. I figured I would have to hold both of their hands the whole time. But about 2 seconds after we all got on the floor, Taylor said, " I want to do it by myself." And I let her go, and watched he skate away, like she had done it a hundred times before. I was amazed. Now, she does have a pair of Heelys but they are a little different than skates. She was awesome! Blake on the other hand... Not so much! He was a LOT of work. He looked as if he was walking on a floor piled with grease (or something slippery). I couldn't let go of him for a second. He definitely wasn't nearly as good as Taylor. It literally WORE me OUT to try to keep him up. We only actually made it around the circle about 4 times. Taylor went around probably 50+ times the whole night. Taylor never ceases to amaze me at what she can do. She is definitely my athlete, and has GREAT balance. Blake is VERY handsome, but he is very klutzy, and has no balance. I hope that will change someday. But I think they both had a good time, especially Taylor. I probably won't take Blake back for a couple years though ;) 























































13 comments:
Glad you are having fun with the kids. My kids have spring break next week. I am suppose to take them to CA. We used to live there so we will get to see the brethren that we used to assemble with. They are really excited. I was excited until my hubby found out he cant go. I dont like traveling without him but he thinks I should go anyway to not disappoint the kids. We have cancelled the trip twice already.
I totally love rollerskating.But there is not any rinks here,Some of our kids have rollerblades and we take them to the park.
You are on a roll, now just one more to go. I hope you have fun. Taylor is the athlete of the family, she amazes me with her little body and her strength. But Blake is just to cute and I am sure he will have many talents that will shine as he gets older.
Aww how fun! You're a good mommy! I miss having spring breaks..guess that means I better figure out what to plan for the kids I baby-sit when they're home all week! Any ideas? hehe
Thnks everyone, I appreciate the "Good Mommy" comments. I do try to be a good one, but sometimes I don't think I am so much. I used to always go rollerskating when I was a kid/teen. They had one in Montrose and then closed it down. And they also had one in GJ, and thn closed it down. They are getting more and more rare and hard to find. That stinks! Raine: I've never really been out there so I don't know what all is available to do for kids. But just taking them to the park is a blast! Good luck on thinking of somthing :)
BTW, I don't think I'm going to go ahead and take them to the Zoo afterall. My lower back is KILLING me. I must have slept wrong night before last, and I'm walking all hunched over. Plus they both are probably going to the Zoo with their school towards the end of the school year, so they will get to go soon anyway.
I love to skate..well at least I used to when I was a kid..hehe
I have nevr taken my kids skating before, you ARE a good Mommy! Sorry about your back, hope it feels better soon!
They will remember it forever. A year makes an enormous difference at Blakes age. No telling, he might come into his own and surprise you all with his gracefulness next year!
I sure hope so! ;)
Looks like Taylor had a great time. At least you got a good work out with Blake! Sounds like spring break is a blast. You're such a wonderful mom!
Maybe we could take the kids skating when we are in OK first week of April. Taylor & Emily would have a blast! What do you think?
ABSOLUTELY! YES!!! I will leave Blake home though, hehe.
aiden is also really good at skating he was only 2 when he went for the first time and my mom couldnt believe how good he did he is now learning to skate on roller blades my sister brought out for him and he is doing really well kids can really shock us sometimes
Post a Comment