This past week, I was organizing pictures to get ready to scrapbook again! I came across some pictures of Taylor when she was around 18 months. For those of you that don't know, Taylor had a SEVERE case of eczema when she was little. She started getting it when she was 7 months old. She had it bad up until her 2nd birthday. It was by far one of the worst things to ever have to go through, just seeing you baby scratching herself until she bled. And the cries she let out, they just broke my heart. I tried everything under the sun to try to help her skin. Aveeno products, Arbonne products, Oatmeal baths, nothing helped! I didn't use medicated lotions, but tried everything else. I even put socks on her hands and pinned the top of the socks to her shirt sleeves. I had the elders once, but back then, I didn't believe with my whole heart that she would ever be healed of that affliction. Then, on Christopher and Melissa's wedding day (03/23/02) a brother asked us if he could pray for her. We appreciated it and told him yes. He saw how bad she really was. Then we moved to Colorado the very next day. Then for the next 4 Sundays in a row, someone came up to her and prayed for her in church. It was so touching. So my heart just melted to see people's faith and it helped me to have more faith about it. So I STOPPED using everything and I just felt like she would be healed and I prayed a lot harder and just trusted God. I kid you not, after those 5 weeks of prayers, her eczema went away. Her skin used to feel like sandpaper, and after it went away, it felt baby soft again. She does occasionally break out in small patches of eczema, but overall it has totally went away. I am kind of happy we went through that so that we can tell of how God took that horrible affliction away from our baby. I just was reminded of it this week and felt like sharing it with everyone.
You can see where she had scratched her face until it bled, there are scabs throughout her face. She was close to being healed in this picture, she was healed within one month.
This is one of the hardest things to see you child doing. I only took this so we could remember how horrible it was. You can see how red her legs were (they were bleeding). She would cry so hard, but she couldn't stop scratching.





















































10 comments:
Aw sad!! When I went to Oklahoma there was a little girl there that had the same problem, and it was just sad to see they had to wrap things around her hands to keep her from scratching. That's gotta hurt bad!And even worse to not be able to scratch at it! Thats so awesome that she doesnt have it anymore. God sure is sweet to his people. =)
That's so sad while it's happening, but you're right. God must have done it for you just so that you could remember it during later trials. I'm so glad she got over it. That looks like such a hardship... And for such a little girl, too.
o i remember those days it was so sad to watch her scratch her little body,i didnt know at that time that my baby would have this affliction on his body too just like taylor he got it about 6 or 7 months i felt so bad for him but i was thankfull that it didnt get as bad as hers but still to see your baby like that breaks your heart im so glad that they both are much better now even with the little flare ups they have god has been good to us
I remember her poor skin and how it would bleed from her scratching. I am so glad that she was healed from this trial.
I have so enjoyed reading through your posts, seeing the precious gifts god has granted you. There are so many people who love you, you are so blessed. I always remember the hardest times when I am down cause god was there more than ever in those times, and everytime I think back I remember all the things god has really done for me.
God is good! My daughter Kayla had that really bad when she was younger too. It was all over her arms....I am so thankful God took it away. She still has a small patch behind her ear, but it's not bad at all. Thanks for the reminder of Gods mercy to her also.
That is such a hard thing to bear, but what a blessing that you saw the Lord's power through it.
HI this is bobby reed barbara's dotter
Hi Bobby! I've tried to comment you on your page, and it won't let me. I tried two times. ANyways, it is nice to see you on here! Taylor really misses you. Well...we all do! Hopefully we'll see you this summer :)
Wow Julie that is a beautiful testimony. Saylor has had scabs on his cheeks that bled and I was afraid that it was ecsema but I changed his formula and now I think that it was an allergy to milk. It is sad to see your child with their skin bleeding. I am so glad that Taylor is better.
Post a Comment