Yes, 10 years ago I chose to live my life for serving the Lord. It just dawned on me a few minutes ago and realized that it was exactly 10 years ago today. My baptism worked out really awesome. My dad, who was NOT in our church was pretty ticked off at me at first when I told him that I had gave my hand, and told me that he wasn't coming to it. But my sweet grandma somehow convinced him to go ahead and go, and she also came with him. She was from the Church of Christ, but never tried to push me to conform to her church. My mom was actually in Vici, Oklahoma for her last living aunt's funeral. So, I was sad that she wasn't there. But... I was dating Ryan at the time and Dale, Chantel and Andy were there. Also, Lee was there, so I thought it was kind of neat that my someday to be family was there. I had always wanted my uncle Ronnie to be the one to baptize me, but he lives in Tucson, AZ, and he happened to come up for a funeral in Grand Junction (Lynn H's funeral). I gave my hand after the funeral and Sunday after church, we all headed to the little creek in Olathe. I still wish I could feel as WONDERFUL as I did that day. There is no greater feeling then becoming a child of the king! I have learned so much in the last 10 years and I know in another 10 years, I will hopefully know much more than I do now. Life is a constant battle to stay living the faith, but it is the only way for me :)
I was looking at my baptism pictures and found a LOT of people that are no longer with us. It is amazing how much can change in 10 years. It really doesn't seem that long ago. I just thought I would post these.
I was looking at my baptism pictures and found a LOT of people that are no longer with us. It is amazing how much can change in 10 years. It really doesn't seem that long ago. I just thought I would post these.

Two of these elders are already gone: Brother Mitch and Brother Mark. And Brother Bob isn't doing good at all. I'm afraid his days are very numbered :(
Talk about a moment that I wish I could have back, my dad embraced me immediately after everything was over. I still think he felt the precious holy spirit that filled my heart that day. My dad is gone and Jason (left side of the picture, my cousin) is also gone. I actually wish I could relive this day over and over again.





















































11 comments:
Yippee! Thats awesome! I'll be 3 years old in April!! I wish I could always feel the spirit as strong as I felt it that day!
That is very beautiful.I remember mine like it was ysesterday. I have been in the Faith 38 years now.The way will get better as you go.And you keep learning as you go.
We all have our work to do for the Lord. And as one old sister told me keep on keeping.
Love Sis Sheila
Happy Birthday! 10 years wow! Just yesterday I was trying to think back 10 years and see how life had changed, then trying to look ahead and wondering what the next 10 will bring. Hopefully we just keep growing stronger and closer to the Lord.
I loved seeing the pictures. But it also made me a little sad to see several who are gone now who were so dear. Congrats and I so hope we all grow more in the faith as time goes by.
Love the Lord! What a wonderful way we have chosen.
thank you so much for helping me out on my blog im already having fun with it now thaat i get toleave comments lol love ya
That's wonderful! I can hardly wait until it's my turn... Then, I'm sure the time will fly until the date that I say "It's been ten short years!"
Well Happy B-Day!! That is so great that you have those pics to look back on to help you remember that special day. Congrats!
The faith is such a beautiful thing. You have some really great pictures.
Your post really touched me and it is an amazing day when we walk down into the water. It is one I will never forget and of course, when my children came in, it was wonderful all over again. These pictures are so precious Jule and it is amazing how many have passed away in 10 short years.
That was a pretty neat post Julie! I am sure you would like to live that moment over and over again. ((HUGS))
Its funny, I have been redoing my wedding album, sort of scrapbooking in a very simple way this week and once I started to look at all the people at the reception I realized how many have passed on since that day. So sad really, but I am so thankful for all the wonderful relationships that I had with them that made me in to the woman I am today.
Happy 10th!!!
Post a Comment