Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wow, guess what I did?

I'm shocked! I actually repaired some jeans for Blake and Ryan. Blake had 3 pairs of pants that had holes in the knees (and we don't have a lot of extra money), so I turned them into shorts, and they look great! And Ryan had 2 pairs of pants that had messed up zippers (one pair was Nauticas, like $60.00 pants). He was going to throw them away a while back and I told him I would somehow fix them, and I did :) Yay! He was really excited! Plus I got a lot of scrapbook pages done, and I am getting closer and closer to getting caught up with my kids' scrapbooks. I'm so happy. I feel a great feeling of accomplishment and had to share my joy!

8 comments:

Cherrie said...

Glad you got so much done. I fixed a pair of Lee's jeans once when we were first married. Didn't go over so well.... he had a hole in the bottom so I was patching it, I cut a heart out of some material and sewed a heart on his bottom. He got made fun of at work, he didn't notice I fixed them until the guys made fun of him. I was just showing him how much I loved him....

meNmykids said...

Wow! You are on a roll...Keep it up. I hope your allergies are a bit better.

Jules said...

Cherrie: That is HILARIOUS! Me and Ryan are laughing out loud ;) I think that is sweet though, hehe.
Gale: Thanks, it feels good, I hope I can keep doing little things like this, they really help with money over time. I am feeling better at the moment, thank you :)

Sabriena said...

Yeah! I would feel a great sense of accomplishment, too! You fixed zippers? I want to learn a lot of things including most sewing techniques, but zippers has never been one of them. Sounds like you've been busy! How'd you find time to post? LOL!

Jules said...

Neena: Amazingly, it didn't take me that awful long. I did all those things in like 2 hours. It was great. And it was actually easier than I thought. I definately think it is something good for young girls to learn to do. I'm sure you'll have to patch your husband's pants one of these days (Just don't put a heart patch on them, I guess men don't like that, LOL)

Trina said...

That is such a GREAT feeling!! Good for you! You little domestic woman!

melissa said...

im so proud of you!!chris has some pants that need to be fixed but i really dont want to in fact i tell him he just needs to go buy some new ones since they are work pants anyways and they arent expensive they are from walmart,sounds easier to me lol im such a bad wife

marykathryn said...

I used to patch Rusty's hole in his jeans, but it never really lasted so I stopped that daunting task..hehe
Good for you in all your accomlishments, it is always great to feel like another thing is done!