I lost my dad 3 years ago today. I still miss him so much and think about him EVERY day. I know that some of you have lost a parent, or two, and I don't mean to sound like it is harder for me than you, because I know it isn't. I'm not out to get attention either, I just really felt like doing this. I just grieve differently I guess. I have made a slideshow as a tribute to him. This song was really perfect, because one of my favorite features of my Dad was his hands. He was a cabinet maker and he worked SO hard. But he somehow managed to always keep his hands as soft as a baby. I miss holding those sweet soft hands.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
My Dad
I lost my dad 3 years ago today. I still miss him so much and think about him EVERY day. I know that some of you have lost a parent, or two, and I don't mean to sound like it is harder for me than you, because I know it isn't. I'm not out to get attention either, I just really felt like doing this. I just grieve differently I guess. I have made a slideshow as a tribute to him. This song was really perfect, because one of my favorite features of my Dad was his hands. He was a cabinet maker and he worked SO hard. But he somehow managed to always keep his hands as soft as a baby. I miss holding those sweet soft hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































14 comments:
The pictures of you and your dad at your wedding were really sweet. Looks like you were very close to him.
I know how you must miss him.
That is a sweet tribute to him.
We learn to love our daddy's and thur that we learn to Love God.
Sorry for your lost of your daddy. What a sweet way to remember your daddy. How sweet it is we will never loose our father in heaven. He will always hold us in the hollow of His hand and comfort us and gide us in the way he would have for us to go. He has a plan for all of us. I too love your pictures on the side slide show. The Lord sees every tear we shed and He weeps too when they fall.
I'm so sorry for you. I can't imagine the pain of losing a parent. You always seem so strong. You are a good example.
This song has always meant so much to me. It is the perfect song for a daughter and her daddy. I love it you did a awesome job. I think you had a wonderful dad... Lots of love
I too think it is great that you made a slide show of your Daddy. I lost my Daddy 10 years ago on March 3rd so I understand your pain Love you Sis Love Sister Charlene
Ps my dad did construction work of all kinds.
Thank you all so much for commenting. It is so wonderful to have friends to help us through our hard times. I appreciate all of you very much. Lots of love back.
We miss him too Julie.
Love Alan & JoAnn
So sorry.....I like the slide show and I have always liked that song.
The 6 flags trip sounds fun. Hope you have a great time.
Daddys are to be treasured. I still miss mine like that sometimes. Great that we were blessed with exceptional ones.
Your slide show is nice. I enjoyed it. I lost my grandparents almost 2 years ago. My mom was a single parent & we lived right next door to grandpa & grandma. They helped raise me & my sister, so losing them was like losing my parents. I still grieve at times too. It's hard to not miss the one's we love.
I am so sorry that you have lost your Dad. That would be so hard. I am so glad that you have such great pictures of him. The slideshow shared a great deal about him. He looked very healthy a month before he passed on. May I ask what he died of? Is that too personal? If so I apologize. I also see that he has five girls. Thats pretty neat! Thanks for sharing this with us, I know it was probably very emotional to put together, but it was so well done. (((HUGS)))
Trina: Thank you for your sweet comment. It was kind of hard to put together, I was crying like a water faucet, and the first couple times I watched it was very hard. The very FIRST time that I had ever heard "Daddy's Hands" was at his funeral. It fit him to a T! No it isn't too personal to ask how he died. He had suffered with diabetes for a few years. Diabetic people have very weak blood vessels. He had gotten a flu the day before he died, which included a lot of vomiting. Well, the vomiting made his blood vessels in his stomach burst (from being weak) and he was throwing up blood (sorry to be gross, but that's what happened). He had started feeling better and had asked my mom to make him a scrambled egg and get him a glass of water. He ate and drank the water. Then he got up and moved to their couch, sat down and died. My mom had no idea he was gone, he went SO peacefully. For that, I'm very thankful, but it is a little hard because noone got to say goodbye. I was living in Oklahoma at the time, and as soon as we heard, within 10 minutes, we had like 6 people at our house to help me pack and just to be there for me. I saw SO much love from brethern that week. my dad wasn't in the church, but was loved just like he was a member. Oh, and yeah, my parents had 5 girls, but 2 died, so there is just 3 of us left. Again, thank you all for your comments, I do appreciate them. I hope I can be as much of a comfort when you all need me as you've all been to me. Love you all.
I cried when I saw your beautiful video. What a tribute of love to your dear father. I know the kind of man he was without ever meeting him because of the sweet, faithful daughter he raised. I have felt so blessed to get to know you. Someday maybe face to face.
Post a Comment