We had a crazy, stormy night here last night. I didn't get much sleep at all! First of all, I went to bed with a very sore throat, so that was bothering me pretty bad. Then all night lightning and thunder were crashing. And unless you've actually been in an Oklahoma storm, you have no idea how POWERFUL they are. So I was waking up a lot with the sore throat and the lightning/thunder. Then... at around 3:00 am, I started to hear hail hitting our roof. I got up and looked outside, and sure enough, it was hailing VERY hard. I just knew that our cars were going to have hail damage. I picked up a few pieces of hail that had came up onto our porch, and they were the size of a quarter. That lasted about 15 minutes. Then I went back to bed and slept on and off again until about 5:00 am. Then our power went out. I woke when that happened. I knew that Ryan had to wake up at 6:00, so I didn't really want to drift off to sleep without some sort of alarm. We don't have cell phones, or any other type of alarm that doesn't require electricity. So I basically stayed awake. I was walking in my hallway, and heard Taylor call my name. She was so scared from the storm. I went in there and felt her heartbeat, and it was pounding! We both said a prayer for protection and I visited with her for a little while. Then at 6:00 I woke up Ryan to get ready for work. Our power came back on at 6: 30 (approximately). He headed off to work and I went back to sleep until 8:00. Then I had to get the kids ready for school. I got them off to school, and now here I am. I am going to go back to sleep for a while, because I'm SO tired! I think we'll have storms throughout the day. It was a CRAZY night though!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















































18 comments:
The storms keep me up most of night as well, Ours hit at 2:30 and 4:30. I can't wait to leave this tornado fested country......hehehehe
Yep.. we were awake too. River got a taste of Oklahoma storms last night. I bet he is thinking about how great the Northwest is right about now. Tired today too. LoL
Your comment was sweet and it was great to see your smiling face and hug when I returned for the 50th.
I hate nights like that....hope you get some rest :)
Wow! Sounds like you didn't get much rest, did ya??!
Hope you get some sleep now! It's usually pretty hard for me to sleep during the day unless I'm sick. So if I don't get enough sleep in the night, my eyeballs ache all day. Hope it's not like that for you.
yup we were pretty shook up about the storm too lol it was funny i scared my mom brother and sister really bad too all chris could do is get mad at me for not puting the car in the garage but he was the last one to drive so he should have dont it but hope you get some rest
Teresa called me this morning and shared how crazy the storms were last night too. She said River wasn't very enthusiastic about it...lol I say goood he should come home anyway...hehehe I must admit that I dont feel like I am missing out on much living here, with all those brutal horrible storms you guys have out there. It sounds like it would be emotionally draining wondering if this was the real thing or not.
Sorry about your sore throat, and I hope you got a little catnap today.
I looooveee nights like that, but we hardly ever get them. I just like when the power goes out..then I've got an excuse to break out the yummy smelly candles! Guess if I saw it alot it wouldnt be as special. Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night! =(
The bad storms is one of the thinks I don't like about this season. Now a good old storm is sleeping weather.
Sounds pretty exciting. Unlike WE have right now.
I love stormy weather! But I also have recurring nightmares about a tornado chasing me. Whoa.! I don't know where that comes from because I've never been near a tornado in my life. When we were in OK last October I asked the sister we were staying with what they would do if there WAS a tornado. She said they would get in their cars and out run it. Okay...sounds like that is a scarey plan. Do you have a tornado shelter like in Wizard of Oz?
Sounds like you deserve a nap! I love heavy storms. Dumb of me.
Hey everyone, thanks for the comments :) My sore throat actually turned worse. I had a CONSTANT running nose, and got a fever last night. I was chilling all the time. So needless to say, I have been resting a LOT.
Lori: I actually DON'T have a storm cellar :( If a tornado hit here, I would just pray constantly and go inside my hallway closet and put a matress over me and my family. I also have a lot of dreams about tornados. I had one last night as a matter of FACT!
wow Jusles I love storms myself I lived in Minn. they get them bad there too
but here in Montana there just kinda fun my hates them they scare her well I will pray for you to get well. Love you Sister Charlene in Montana
A mattress over your head in the hallway?!LOL I think the Lord is by far the BEST protection you have! My grandparents were from Kansas. They came out of their storm cellar and saw that they had lost their entire home in a tornado (farm animals and all) Do they happen all year there? just in case we make a trip I'd want to know when Not to come!
Praying you feel better soon :(
I mentioned praying FIRST. Then the hallway CLOSET ;)
Today is a humdinger of a storm here. It is POURING outside! It doesn't seem tornadic yet though. I am told it is supposed to get much worse tonight. I hope not.
It sure has been stormy lately. Lots and lots of rain, and thunder and lightning. Corbin decided to play out in the back yard last night just before church. His defense was he didn't know it was raining that hard.
Tis the season for storms! Dad hasn't gone to check his boat yet. There was talk of baseball size hail in that area on Wed. I hope the boat isn't damaged.
Post a Comment