Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My news experience

Yesterday, I told everyone that I was in the newspaper. Then "Neena" asked why I was in the paper. So I thought I'd go ahead and post what it said. This happened last August. I was at work at Al's Route 66 Cafe (the owners is the Shamburgs from my church) and this guy came in and said that he was from the Sapulpa Herald and said that he randomly picks one person and week and does a thing called 'Meet your neighbor" and asked if he could interview me. I was a little hesitant because I looked terrible, I was hot and tired. But he talked me into it. So here I am in the newspaper! It's so weird.

I know the writing is very small so here is what it says:

Even though Sapulpa is a long way from Montrose, Colo,. Julie considers Sapulpa her new home.
"My family and I have only lived here in Sapulpa for five months but we love it," said Julie.
Julie is a waitress at Al's Route 66 Cafe and her husband Ryan lays tile.
Julie and her husband have two children, girl Taylor, 7, and Blake, 5.

Best Memory:
"I guess my best, first memory would be the first time I went skiing. I was three years old at the time."

Most famous person you've met:
"I got a chance to meet Collective Soul backstage at one of their concerts," said Julie. "That was a great experience."

Most embarrassing moment:
"When I was 7 months pregnant, I was dreaming about spiders and jumped completely off the bed until I was standing straight up. Scared my husband to death. He still talks about it."

Best place you've traveled:
"California. The beaches in Malibu are absolutely beautiful."

Last day to live. What would you do?:
"I would take my kids to Disneyland. And my husband too."

Favorite thing about Sapulpa:
"I love the parks here. They are great for our kids. They really take care of the town here."

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow thats neat you got to be in the newspaper! I know what you mean about it feeling weird. I used to work for a local hardware store and they asked me to be on the cover of one of their adds. Customers would be walking around the store with their adds and they would look at me, then look at the add, then back at me with a confused look on their face lol.

I hope you have a blast on your anniversary trip. Only 1 more day =D

melissa said...

your right about sapulpa taking care of their town its way better than yucky henryetta i am so glad to be out of that town

Jules said...

Oh me too! I think that little town is the most pathetic town! There are NO decent parks there. There is only 1 that is probably 30 years old and all they do is repaint it every 5 years or so. I hope I never have to live in that (like you said) YUCKY town again!