Friday, April 25, 2008

Something really bothering me :(

I know I already posted something today, but I have had something that has really been troubling me. My Dad was a diabetic the last few years of his life and because of that, a lot of time his feet hurt, or he didn't have feeling in them. He also said that he had a burning sensation in them a lot. Anyway, diabetes really took a toll on his poor feet. I would watch him take his shoes off and rub his feet, trying to get feeling back in his feet. I just sat there and watched him, and rarely offered to help him. I honestly don't like massaging people. When Ryan asks me to rub his back, I'll do it, but I don't exactly like doing it. I have to be in the right mood to offer to do it. My Dad asked me a time or two to rub his feet, and I did it, I just wasn't very enthusiastic about it. I just thought of this today, it was the first time I've EVER thought of it. I wish I could turn back time and do what little I could to make my Dad feel better. I feel so little right now. He did SO much for me and I didn't do as much as I should have for him. This thought tears me up! What point I would like to get across to you all is PLEASE don't take people for granted, they won't always be here. Now is the time to do for others. I just felt like sharing this with you all.

8 comments:

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

I've thought about that often when I've got a really bad headache and my dad pushes my head hard to make the pain go away, and then when it comes to when HE has a bad headache, I don't ask him if he wants me to rub his head. He suffers quietly, and sometimes doesn't say a word that he's got a headache. I'm not big on massaging people at all, but if dad does it so sweetly and willingly every time I'm in pain, why not treat him the same way he does for me?
Thanks for sharing.

Jules said...

Raine: You'll someday be glad you did. My dad also used to rub my temples (the outsides of your eyes) to relieve a headache.

Sabriena said...

Okay. I'll take your advice. I don't think that I would like to ride a roller coaster AT ALL!!! But then, I've never done it, and you don't knock it 'til you try it!

Jackie said...

I totally agree with what you have shared with us. I lost my Mom about a year and a half ago and there are many times that I wished I had spoken kinder words or talked a little longer when she would call and I was busy. She died shortly after I had my youngest dauther and she wanted me to take her shopping and I didn't because I was still recovering from my delivery and I didn't want to drag 2 little ones out in the cold and I never got to go shopping with her again. So I know exactly where you are coming from. I guess hind sight is 20/20. Thank you for sharing!

Sis Stubby said...

My Mom has been gone for 26 years now. And there is always thing I wished I had done for her. So by all means do what you can for those one you love while you can. But girls remdember Mom & Dads love you any way.

Cherrie said...

What a good post Julie, I am sorry you have regret. But remember your dad loved you so much. And just seeing you made him a happy man. You were his baby and I am sure he understood. But I agree that you shouldn't take people for granted, because time does fly by so fast.

meNmykids said...

For everyone around us, we need to remember to be a servant and friend. I took my dad for granted, and I regret that. I never really knew what a wonderful person he was, I just expected it, because I had always had it.

Shannon said...

Your post rings true. It can be easy to overlook how little time we may have with our family & friends & what little things we can do to make them feel special. We do need to let them know how much we love & appreciate them. What a good thing to put us all in mind of.